Sign In

Delhi News Daily

  • Home
  • Fashion
  • Business
  • World News
  • Technology
  • Sports
  • Politics
  • Lifestyle
  • Entertainment
Reading: Warner Bros rejects Paramount’s $60 billion buy offer; looking at alternatives: Report – The Times of India – Delhi News Daily
Share

Delhi News Daily

Font ResizerAa
Search
Have an existing account? Sign In
Follow US
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
Delhi News Daily > Blog > World News > Warner Bros rejects Paramount’s $60 billion buy offer; looking at alternatives: Report – The Times of India – Delhi News Daily
World News

Warner Bros rejects Paramount’s $60 billion buy offer; looking at alternatives: Report – The Times of India – Delhi News Daily

delhinewsdaily
Last updated: October 22, 2025 8:32 am
delhinewsdaily
Share
SHARE


Warner Bros rejects Paramount’s $60 billion buy offer; looking at alternatives: Report

Entertainment giant Warner Bros Discovery’s board has reportedly turned down a nearly $60 billion takeover offer from Paramount Skydance, a source told Reuters on Tuesday (local time). The company also announced that it will now look at other options for a possible sale.The board had rejected a mostly cash offer of around $24 per share for the company, whose assets include the Warner Bros film and TV studios, CNN, several cable networks, and the HBO Max streaming service. Shares of Warner Bros Discovery closed 11% higher on Tuesday.According to another source, Comcast may review the media giant’s assets as well. Netflix is also among the interested buyers, CNBC reported, following earlier reports that Paramount Skydance CEO David Ellison had been in talks to buy the entire company.Warner Bros, known for film franchises like Harry Potter and DC Comics, announced in June that it planned to divide its business into two parts by next year: one focused on studios and another on cable networks. The move aims to separate its fast-growing streaming segment from its weaker cable operations.The company said its board will now weigh several options, including going ahead with the planned split, selling the entire company, or pursuing separate deals for its Warner Bros or Discovery Global businesses. It is also considering another structure that could merge Warner Bros with a spinoff of Discovery Global.

Major shake up

A sale or breakup of Warner Bros Discovery would be one of the biggest shake-ups in the global media landscape. The rise of streaming has already changed how audiences watch content, pulling viewers away from traditional TV and cutting into advertising income.Any buyer of Warner Bros Discovery would gain control of a major Hollywood studio and a leading streaming platform but would also take on its massive $35 billion debt.The company, valued at around $45.36 billion, has seen its shares rise more than 46% since early September, when reports of Paramount’s interest first emerged.“Paramount is the most likely to purchase the company. For Netflix, a purchase would make more sense following the planned split because the studio would be very valuable to Netflix but the TV networks not as much,” said eMarketer senior analyst Ross Benes told Reuters.Warner Bros Discovery had already rejected an earlier bid from Paramount, which offered about $20 per share, as it was seen as too low, two sources told Reuters.Bank of America research analyst Jessica Reif Ehrlich estimated that the company’s full value was closer to $30 per share, given its rich portfolio of entertainment assets. “Given the company’s wealth of premium IP (Harry Potter, DC, Lord of the Rings, Game of Thrones, etc.) and robust library, we continue to believe Warner Bros is an extremely attractive potential acquisition target,” she said in an investor note.Meanwhile, Comcast is preparing to spin off its NBCUniversal cable channels, such as USA Network and CNBC, into a new company called Versant later this year.“Potential WBD suitors, including Paramount, Comcast, Netflix, Amazon and Apple, could see value in moving sooner rather than later to acquire the entirety of WBD versus waiting to purchase just the streaming and studios assets,” Seth Shafer, principal analyst at S&P Global Market Intelligence Kagan told the news agency.





Source link

Share This Article
Twitter Email Copy Link Print
What do you think?
Love0
Sad0
Happy0
Sleepy0
Angry0
Dead0
Wink0
Previous Article ‘Ban superintelligence’: Calls grow over risks of AI; Harry, Meghan sign letter – The Times of India – Delhi News Daily
Next Article ‘Head-on’ Uganda bus collision kills 46, police revise toll down – The Times of India – Delhi News Daily
Leave a comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Recent Posts

  • Nasimuddin Siddiqui Joins SP: Will Muslim Face And ‘Mini CM’ Of BSP Era Change 2027 UP Poll Math? – Delhi News Daily
  • Nabard raises ₹6,779 crore via three-year bond at 7.01% cut-off yield – Delhi News Daily
  • That’s NOT Ghislaine Maxwell? Latest Prison Video Sparks WILD Conspiracy Theories – Delhi News Daily
  • Suryakumar Yadav press conference: How SKY trolled India-Pakistan rivalry – Delhi News Daily
  • Assam Congress Claims Bhupen Borah Withdrew Resignation, He Says ‘Not Yet’ – Delhi News Daily

Recent Comments

No comments to show.

You Might Also Like

World News

‘Choice between family and staying here’: H-1B workers share horror stories after Trump crackdown; call it tragic – The Times of India – Delhi News Daily

Confusion and fear gripped H-1B visa holders over the weekend as a sudden US policy change forced some to choose…

7 Min Read
World News

‘Thwarted their nuclear project’: Netanyahu declares ‘historic victory’ in strikes on Iran; ceasefire holds – Times of India – Delhi News Daily

Israeli PM Benjamin Netanyahu (file photo: ANI) Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu on Tuesday declared a "historic victory" in the…

5 Min Read
World News

Elon Musk issues shocking warning on US birth rate decline: ‘The population is collapsing…,’ Tim Pool highlights economic and global risks | World News – Times of India – Delhi News Daily

Global population trends are drawing increasing concern from experts and public figures alike. Recently, political commentator Tim Pool highlighted declining…

7 Min Read
World News

US military plant explosion: ‘No survivors’ found after Tennessee blast; at least 16 presumed dead – The Times of India – Delhi News Daily

Investigators now say a massive explosion at a Tennessee military explosives facility killed 16 people, officials announced Saturday.Earlier reports had…

6 Min Read

Delhi News Daily

© Delhi News Daily Network.

Incognito Web Technologies

Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?