Sign In

Delhi News Daily

  • Home
  • Fashion
  • Business
  • World News
  • Technology
  • Sports
  • Politics
  • Lifestyle
  • Entertainment
Reading: ‘Ready to discuss’: Russia seeks dialogue with US; rejects Donald Trump’s secret nuclear test claims – The Times of India – Delhi News Daily
Share

Delhi News Daily

Font ResizerAa
Search
Have an existing account? Sign In
Follow US
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
Delhi News Daily > Blog > World News > ‘Ready to discuss’: Russia seeks dialogue with US; rejects Donald Trump’s secret nuclear test claims – The Times of India – Delhi News Daily
World News

‘Ready to discuss’: Russia seeks dialogue with US; rejects Donald Trump’s secret nuclear test claims – The Times of India – Delhi News Daily

delhinewsdaily
Last updated: November 11, 2025 2:30 pm
delhinewsdaily
Share
SHARE


'Ready to discuss': Russia seeks dialogue with US; rejects Donald Trump’s secret nuclear test claims
Sergei Lavrov (File photo)

Russia on Tuesday said it was prepared to hold talks with the United States over accusations made by US President Donald Trump that Moscow had secretly carried out underground nuclear tests, while firmly denying any wrongdoing.Russian foreign minister Sergei Lavrov told state media that Moscow was open to engaging with Washington on the issue, news agency AFP reported. “We are ready to discuss the suspicions raised by our American colleagues regarding the possibility that we might be secretly doing something deep underground,” he said.He added that Moscow rejected the claims outright, calling them baseless and politically motivated. Lavrov highlighted that the United States could verify any alleged test through the global seismic monitoring system.“Other tests, both subcritical, or those without a chain nuclear reaction, and carrier tests, have never been prohibited,” Lavrov clarified.The comments came amid renewed tensions over nuclear testing and arms control, following recent remarks by Trump suggesting that the US could resume nuclear testing after more than three decades.In an interview with CBS News and later on his Truth Social platform, Trump claimed that Russia and China may have been conducting secret nuclear tests underground. “Russia’s testing, and China’s testing, but they don’t talk about it,” he said. He further added that the US should resume its own testing “on an equal basis.”Trump also announced that he had instructed the “Department of War” to begin nuclear weapons testing.Earlier in a post on Truth Social, Trump said: “The United States has more Nuclear Weapons than any other country. This was accomplished, including a complete update and renovation of existing weapons, during my First Term in office. Because of the tremendous destructive power, I HATED to do it, but had no choice! Russia is second, and China is a distant third, but will be even within 5 years.” However, US Energy Secretary Chris Wright later clarified that any such tests would be non-explosive and limited to systems testing within safety parameters, not full-scale nuclear detonations.Following Trump’s comments, Russian President Vladimir Putin instructed his top officials to prepare proposals for a possible resumption of nuclear tests, though he reiterated that Moscow would only act if Washington did so first.“I ask the defence ministry, the foreign ministry, and other relevant agencies to analyse Washington’s statements and prepare proposals for resuming nuclear weapons tests,” Putin said at a meeting of Russia’s Security Council.Putin emphasized that Russia remained committed to its moratorium on nuclear testing, in line with the Comprehensive Nuclear Test Ban Treaty (CTBT), but would respond in kind if the US broke that commitment.Kremlin spokesperson Dmitry Peskov also reaffirmed this position, stating: “Putin has repeatedly said that Russia adheres to its obligations under the nuclear tests ban and we are not going to carry them out, but if another country does, we will have to do so to observe parity.”Lavrov, in a separate interview, said Moscow was still awaiting a response from Washington on President Putin’s proposal to extend a voluntary freeze on strategic nuclear weapons beyond the expiration of the New START Treaty in February 2026.“The constructive initiative put forward by President Putin in the post-New START sphere speaks for itself,” Lavrov said. He added that Russia’s proposal “requires no hidden agenda or additional efforts.”The New START Treaty, signed in 2010 and extended for five years in 2021, limits each side to 1550 deployed warheads and 700 deployed missiles and bombers. However, direct verification has been suspended since the Ukraine conflict began, leaving the future of nuclear arms control uncertain.Both Moscow and Washington have observed a voluntary halt on explosive nuclear testing since the early 1990s. The US last conducted a nuclear test in 1992, while Russia’s last was in 1990.In recent months, Russia has tested new nuclear-capable systems — including the “Burevestnik” nuclear-powered cruise missile and the “Poseidon” underwater drone. However, analysts highlight that these were weapons system trials, not nuclear detonations.The renewed rhetoric on nuclear testing comes amid rising global concern over the erosion of long-standing arms-control agreements. Experts warn that any resumption of nuclear tests by either power could trigger a new phase of the nuclear arms race and weaken the global non-proliferation framework.





Source link

Share This Article
Twitter Email Copy Link Print
What do you think?
Love0
Sad0
Happy0
Sleepy0
Angry0
Dead0
Wink0
Previous Article Oman becomes member of UNESCO’s Man and the Biosphere Council, advancing global conservation efforts | World News – The Times of India – Delhi News Daily
Next Article Row erupts inside MAGA base after Trump says US needs 600,000 Chinese students in its universities: ‘We don’t want spies’ – The Times of India – Delhi News Daily
Leave a comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Recent Posts

  • Fortis Healthcare maintains strong growth momentum, eyes expansion – Delhi News Daily
  • दिल्ली दुनिया के 10 सबसे प्रदूषित शहरों की लिस्ट से बाहर, जानें सूची में अब कौन-कौन से शहर – Delhi News Daily
  • Mike Hesson press conference: ‘Ishan took the game away from us’ after India beat Pakistan – Delhi News Daily
  • Ex-Assam Congress Chief Bhupen Borah Resigns, Blames Gaurav Gogoi’s High-Handedness – Delhi News Daily
  • Volatility in gold prices hasn’t deterred buyers, price corrections seen as opportunities: Titan MD – Delhi News Daily

Recent Comments

No comments to show.

You Might Also Like

Muhammad Yunus accused of ‘special affection’ for a party after meet with BNP – Times of India – Delhi News Daily

Yunus accused of ‘spl affection’ for a party after meet with BNP (Photo: ANI) DHAKA: Hardline Jamaat-e-Islami and the newly…

4 Min Read
World News

‘Struck by shelling and drones’: Ukraine’s Zaporizhzhia nuclear plant attacked; explosions reported, smoke spotted | World News – Times of India – Delhi News Daily

Attack near Ukraine’s Zaporizhzhya Nuclear Power Plant, IAEA flags concern The International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) on Saturday reported explosions…

4 Min Read
World News

Japan politics: PM Ishiba’s coalition loses upper house majority; first time loss for LDP in both chambers since 1955 – Times of India – Delhi News Daily

Japanese Prime Minister Shigeru Ishiba’s ruling coalition has failed to retain its majority in the upper house of parliament, giving…

8 Min Read

Mizkif faces criticism after suggesting his X Community be used for harassment – The Times of India – Delhi News Daily

Mizkif has once again found himself at the center of controversy after comments made during a recent livestream, where he…

6 Min Read

Delhi News Daily

© Delhi News Daily Network.

Incognito Web Technologies

Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?