Sign In

Delhi News Daily

  • Home
  • Fashion
  • Business
  • World News
  • Technology
  • Sports
  • Politics
  • Lifestyle
  • Entertainment
Reading: ‘Still in fight’: New details emerge about Sept 2 Caribbean strike; survivors were continuing drug mission – The Times of India – Delhi News Daily
Share

Delhi News Daily

Font ResizerAa
Search
Have an existing account? Sign In
Follow US
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
Delhi News Daily > Blog > World News > ‘Still in fight’: New details emerge about Sept 2 Caribbean strike; survivors were continuing drug mission – The Times of India – Delhi News Daily
World News

‘Still in fight’: New details emerge about Sept 2 Caribbean strike; survivors were continuing drug mission – The Times of India – Delhi News Daily

delhinewsdaily
Last updated: December 4, 2025 8:21 am
delhinewsdaily
Share
SHARE


‘Still in fight’: New details emerge about Sept 2 Caribbean strike; survivors were continuing drug mission

New details have surfaced about the controversial second US military strike on an alleged drug-smuggling boat on September 2, with a source familiar with the operation saying the two men killed in the follow-up strike were deemed “still in the fight” because they appeared to be communicating with nearby vessels and recovering narcotics from the damaged boat, reported ABC news.The new information emerged ahead of a closed-door briefing to Congress by admiral Frank M Bradley on Thursday.

‘You’ll Be Thrilled To See…’: Trump Repeats Land Attack On Venezuela Threat; Game Over For Maduro?

The initial strike left two survivors who climbed back onto the vessel. Their actions led military commanders to assess them as continuing their mission and therefore legitimate targets under standing contingency plans developed for counter-cartel operations, ABC said citing sources. The September 2 attack marked the first time the US military used air power against a suspected cartel boat under the Trump administration’s new policy framework.The second strike has triggered criticism on Capitol Hill, where some lawmakers have raised concerns that it may have violated international humanitarian law, which protects combatants who are shipwrecked or otherwise out of action, as well as maritime obligations to rescue people in distress at sea.Defense secretary Pete Hegseth said Bradley – then the head of joint special operations command (JSOC) – had operational authority to order the second strike under instructions Hegseth had previously issued. Bradley has since taken over as commander of US special operations command (SOCOM). Hegseth said he watched a live feed of the first strike but “moved on to my next meeting” and did not “personally see” the follow-on strike that killed the survivors.The source told ABC News that – as is standard practice for targeted operations – a military lawyer was physically present with Bradley throughout the mission to provide legal guidance. President Donald Trump on Wednesday said he supported releasing any footage the military possesses, telling reporters, “Whatever they have we’d certainly release, no problem.”The Pentagon’s contingency plan for such operations distinguishes between survivors who are incapacitated or shipwrecked – who must be rescued – and those who are assessed to still pose a threat, including by coordinating with accomplices or engaging in actions deemed hostile. The source said the military rehearsed these scenarios extensively before the first strike.Subsequent October operations illustrate how the plan works in practice. On October 16, two survivors from a semi-submersible were rescued after being determined to be “no longer in the fight.” On October 27, another survivor was seen swimming after an airstrike off the coast of Mexico; the U.S. requested a rescue mission by Mexican authorities, but the individual was never found and is believed to have drowned.So far, 21 US airstrikes on suspected drug-smuggling boats in the Caribbean and eastern Pacific have resulted in 83 deaths.





Source link

Share This Article
Twitter Email Copy Link Print
What do you think?
Love0
Sad0
Happy0
Sleepy0
Angry0
Dead0
Wink0
Previous Article Saudi Arabia now allows direct license conversion for nationals from 48 countries: See if you’re eligible | World News – The Times of India – Delhi News Daily
Next Article Oman and Saudi Arabia approve mutual certificates of origin to ease trade | World News – The Times of India – Delhi News Daily
Leave a comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Recent Posts

  • Nasimuddin Siddiqui Joins SP: Will Muslim Face And ‘Mini CM’ Of BSP Era Change 2027 UP Poll Math? – Delhi News Daily
  • Nabard raises ₹6,779 crore via three-year bond at 7.01% cut-off yield – Delhi News Daily
  • That’s NOT Ghislaine Maxwell? Latest Prison Video Sparks WILD Conspiracy Theories – Delhi News Daily
  • Suryakumar Yadav press conference: How SKY trolled India-Pakistan rivalry – Delhi News Daily
  • Assam Congress Claims Bhupen Borah Withdrew Resignation, He Says ‘Not Yet’ – Delhi News Daily

Recent Comments

No comments to show.

You Might Also Like

World News

22-year-old Dubai-based Indian woman with Down Syndrome set to appear on Times Square video | World News – Times of India – Delhi News Daily

Amanda Dsilva’s photo will appear in a video celebrating inclusion, featuring over 500 people with Down syndrome worldwide/ Image: Instagram…

7 Min Read
World News

‘Absolutely reprehensible’: US judge sentences Kavanaugh’s attempted assassin; California woman gets eight years in prison | World News – The Times of India – Delhi News Daily

US Supreme Court Justice Brett Kavanaugh (Pic credit: AP) A California resident who admitted attempting to assassinate US Supreme Court…

5 Min Read
World News

9/11 mastermind’s plea blocked: US court scraps deal; backs Pentagon’s authority – Times of India – Delhi News Daily

A federal appeals court in Washington, DC has thrown out a proposed plea deal for Khalid Sheikh Mohammed, the alleged…

5 Min Read
World News

‘Money isn’t enough’: ‘America Party’ crashes before takeoff; Americans want alternative but don’t see Musk’s party as option – Times of India – Delhi News Daily

Elon Musk launched the America Party on July 5 Elon Musk’s plans to launch a new political party appear doomed…

7 Min Read

Delhi News Daily

© Delhi News Daily Network.

Incognito Web Technologies

Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?