Sign In

Delhi News Daily

  • Home
  • Fashion
  • Business
  • World News
  • Technology
  • Sports
  • Politics
  • Lifestyle
  • Entertainment
Reading: ‘Keeping Americans safe’: Why US is pulling staff from the Middle East as nuclear talks with Iran stall – Times of India – Delhi News Daily
Share

Delhi News Daily

Font ResizerAa
Search
Have an existing account? Sign In
Follow US
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
Delhi News Daily > Blog > World News > ‘Keeping Americans safe’: Why US is pulling staff from the Middle East as nuclear talks with Iran stall – Times of India – Delhi News Daily
World News

‘Keeping Americans safe’: Why US is pulling staff from the Middle East as nuclear talks with Iran stall – Times of India – Delhi News Daily

delhinewsdaily
Last updated: June 11, 2025 9:22 pm
delhinewsdaily
Share
SHARE


'Keeping Americans safe': Why US is pulling staff from the Middle East as nuclear talks with Iran stall

The United States is reducing its diplomatic and military footprint in parts of the Middle East amid rising tensions with Iran, as nuclear negotiations appear to stall and regional instability looms. The State Department on Wednesday ordered the departure of all nonessential staff from the US Embassy in Baghdad, citing a commitment “to keeping Americans safe, both at home and abroad.” The embassy had already been operating with limited staff.Additionally, the State Department is authorising the optional departure of nonessential personnel and family members from diplomatic posts in Bahrain and Kuwait. The US military is also following suit, with Defence Secretary Pete Hegseth approving the voluntary departure of military dependents from multiple locations across the region. US Central Command said it is “monitoring the developing tension.”White House spokesperson Anna Kelly noted that the decisions came after a regular review of American personnel abroad. “This decision was made as a result of a recent review,” she said.The move comes as efforts to revive the stalled US-Iran nuclear negotiations face fresh setbacks. Talks aimed at curbing Iran’s nuclear programme in exchange for sanction relief have reportedly reached a deadlock, with the next round—originally planned for this weekend in Oman—now in doubt. Two US officials, speaking anonymously, said it was increasingly unlikely the talks would go ahead.President Donald Trump offered a pessimistic assessment in a recent interview, saying he is “getting more and more less confident about” reaching a deal. “They seem to be delaying, and I think that’s a shame,” he told the New York Post podcast Pod Force One.Iran, meanwhile, rejected threats of force. “Iran is not seeking a nuclear weapon, and US militarism only fuels instability,” its mission to the UN wrote online. Defence Minister Gen. Aziz Nasirzadeh added that if war were imposed, “the opponent’s casualties will certainly be more than ours,” warning the US that its regional bases “are within our reach.”Separately, the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) Board of Governors is considering a censure resolution against Iran, which could trigger the reimposition of UN sanctions under the still-active 2015 nuclear deal. The US withdrew from that deal during Trump’s first term.Amid the growing risk of conflict, the UK’s Maritime Trade Operations Centre warned ships to exercise caution in the Persian Gulf, Strait of Hormuz, and Gulf of Oman—areas where Iran has previously seized or attacked vessels.





Source link

Share This Article
Twitter Email Copy Link Print
What do you think?
Love0
Sad0
Happy0
Sleepy0
Angry0
Dead0
Wink0
Previous Article US orders partial evacuation of Iraq Embassy, says dependents of troops can leave locations across Middle East – Times of India – Delhi News Daily
Next Article Los Angeles protests: Over 20 arrested, tensions persist amid Trump immigration raids and military deployment – Times of India – Delhi News Daily
Leave a comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Recent Posts

  • What’s IEEPA – law Trump used for tariffs faces legal hurdle; SC showdown likely – The Times of India – Delhi News Daily
  • ‘Trump Is Dead’ Trend Goes Viral: VP Vance’s Comment, Health Rumors & Simpsons Prediction Stir Chaos – Delhi News Daily
  • Tasteless trolls trend ‘Trump is dead’ amid health concerns – The Times of India – Delhi News Daily
  • UAE: How Abu Dhabi is successfully using AI traffic lights to cut congestion and improve traffic flow | World News – The Times of India – Delhi News Daily
  • ‘Horrific murder’: Zelenskyy confirms ex-speaker Parubiy shot dead; vows probe – The Times of India – Delhi News Daily

Recent Comments

No comments to show.

You Might Also Like

World News

‘Necessary to protect our sovereignty’: US sanctions four ICC judges for rulings on US and Israel; assets frozen – Times of India – Delhi News Daily

US secretary of state Marco Rubio (Image credits: AP) The US would impose new sanctions targeting four judges from the…

6 Min Read
World News

‘They had 10,000’s of videotape and suddenly don’t’: Joe Rogan slams DOJ over Epstein files; questions Trump admin’s claims on ‘no list or footage’ – Times of India – Delhi News Daily

American podcaster Joe Rogan criticised the US Department of Justice (DOJ) and the FBI over the Epstein files controversy, accusing…

7 Min Read
World News

US crash horror: Stolen car rams bench killing two in Chinatown; investigation underway – Times of India – Delhi News Daily

Two lives were tragically cut short on Saturday morning in Manhattan’s Chinatown when a stolen car careered off the road…

5 Min Read

50 killed after fire at Iraq mall: Video shows massive flame, smoke billowing; rescue ops under way – Times of India – Delhi News Daily

At least 50 people were killed after a fire broke out at a shopping mall in Iraq, news agency AFP…

4 Min Read

Delhi News Daily

© Delhi News Daily Network.

Incognito Web Technologies

Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?