Sign In

Delhi News Daily

  • Home
  • Fashion
  • Business
  • World News
  • Technology
  • Sports
  • Politics
  • Lifestyle
  • Entertainment
Reading: ‘My laptop is a bomb’: US Air Force veteran makes midair threat; triggers emergency landing in Florida – Times of India – Delhi News Daily
Share

Delhi News Daily

Font ResizerAa
Search
Have an existing account? Sign In
Follow US
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
Delhi News Daily > Blog > World News > ‘My laptop is a bomb’: US Air Force veteran makes midair threat; triggers emergency landing in Florida – Times of India – Delhi News Daily
World News

‘My laptop is a bomb’: US Air Force veteran makes midair threat; triggers emergency landing in Florida – Times of India – Delhi News Daily

delhinewsdaily
Last updated: July 8, 2025 11:56 am
delhinewsdaily
Share
SHARE


'My laptop is a bomb': US Air Force veteran makes midair threat; triggers emergency landing in Florida
US Air Force veteran makes mid-air threat (Image: taj.maliktaylor)

A domestic flight in the US was forced to make an emergency landing after a 27-year-old man, recently discharged from a psychiatric facility, allegedly claimed mid-air that his laptop was a bomb.The incident occurred on Allegiant air flight 1023, which had departed St Pete–Clearwater international airport in Florida and was headed to Roanoke–Blacksburg regional airport in Virginia, with 177 passengers and six crew members on board.According to the New York post, citing the Pinellas County Sheriff’s Office, the situation unfolded less than an hour after take-off on Sunday afternoon, when the accused, Taj Malik Taylor, allegedly told his seatmate twice, “I have a bomb.” When questioned, he pointed to his laptop and added, “My laptop is a bomb.”Alarmed, the passenger informed the cabin crew, prompting the pilot to turn the aircraft around. The plane made an emergency landing approximately 40 minutes after take-off and was met by law enforcement officers on the ground.Taylor was arrested around 2 pm, and a K-9 unit was deployed to search his belongings. Authorities said multiple passengers overheard the bomb threat.Following Taylor’s removal, the flight resumed its journey and landed safely in Roanoke at 7:57 pm.“Allegiant does not tolerate disruptive behaviour of any kind,” the airline said in a statement.Taylor is a former high school football player from Largo, Florida, who suffered a Grade 3 concussion during a game in 2013, which caused him to lose consciousness for over 10 minutes. Such injuries are linked to long-term neurological effects.He has also claimed to be a US Air Force veteran and is currently a seminary student at Liberty University in Virginia.According to an FBI affidavit, Taylor did not directly admit to making the threats but said the woman sitting next to him had been “rude.” He also told investigators he had recently been discharged from a mental health facility, had taken his medication the night before, and suffers from a lack of clarity when unmedicated.Taylor has been charged with felony offences for making threats and providing false information. He was handed over to the US Marshals on Monday and made his initial appearance in Tampa federal court the same day.If convicted, Taylor could face up to five years in prison, a fine of $25,000, or both, for making a false bomb threat. The FBI is leading the investigation.





Source link

Share This Article
Twitter Email Copy Link Print
What do you think?
Love0
Sad0
Happy0
Sleepy0
Angry0
Dead0
Wink0
Previous Article No more barefoot boarding: 20 years later, US may say to flyers – keep your shoes on – Times of India – Delhi News Daily
Next Article Visa runs explained: How to legally extend your UAE visa without overstaying | World News – Times of India – Delhi News Daily
Leave a comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Recent Posts

  • Trump’s health drama: Mystery bruise and swollen ankles – What the White House isn’t saying – The Times of India – Delhi News Daily
  • Feud at Diana’s grave: Prince William and Prince Harry split over mother’s 30th death anniversary films – The Times of India – Delhi News Daily
  • Who really understands Barron Trump? Sibling who stands by him – and it’s not who you think – The Times of India – Delhi News Daily
  • Mukul Agrawal stock, KIOCL among 10 smallcaps that bucked market gloom in August with up to 55% gains – Smallcap Winners – Delhi News Daily
  • Tejashwi Yadav Declares Himself CM Face In Bihar In Presence Of Rahul Gandhi, Akhilesh Yadav – Delhi News Daily

Recent Comments

No comments to show.

You Might Also Like

World News

DOGE falling apart: Key Musk-aligned staff quit agency; White House says waste-cutting mission will continue – Times of India – Delhi News Daily

The elite federal task force known as DOGE, formed to overhaul the US government under Elon Musk’s watch, is rapidly…

6 Min Read
World News

US: 2 dead, 9 injured in Philadelphia mass shooting – Times of India – Delhi News Daily

Two died and eight people were injured in a mass shooting late Monday night in Philadelphia’s Fairmount Park.The shooting took…

3 Min Read
World News

Venezuela-US prisoner swap: Freed American was serving 30-year sentence for triple murder; US aware of conviction – Times of India – Delhi News Daily

One of the ten Americans released from Venezuela last week in a prisoner swap was a convicted killer serving a…

4 Min Read
World News

UAE: Dh3,200 for students, tailored housing aid rolled out to support low-income Emirati families | World News – Times of India – Delhi News Daily

Low-income Emirati families without housing support receive tailored monthly allowances, while high-achieving university students with a GPA of 3.3+ get…

9 Min Read

Delhi News Daily

© Delhi News Daily Network.

Incognito Web Technologies

Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?