Sign In

Delhi News Daily

  • Home
  • Fashion
  • Business
  • World News
  • Technology
  • Sports
  • Politics
  • Lifestyle
  • Entertainment
Reading: Industry Video Game Actors Pass Agreement With Studios for AI Security – Delhi News Daily
Share

Delhi News Daily

Font ResizerAa
Search
Have an existing account? Sign In
Follow US
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
Delhi News Daily > Blog > Technology > Industry Video Game Actors Pass Agreement With Studios for AI Security – Delhi News Daily
Technology

Industry Video Game Actors Pass Agreement With Studios for AI Security – Delhi News Daily

delhinewsdaily
Last updated: July 11, 2025 1:47 pm
delhinewsdaily
Share
Industry Video Game Actors Pass Agreement With Studios for AI Security
SHARE


Hollywood video game voice and motion capture actors signed a new contract with video game studios on Wednesday with a focus on artificial intelligence protections, the actors’ union, SAG-AFTRA, said in a press release, ending a near year-long strike.

“AI was the centerpiece of our proposal package,” video game voice actor and member of the negotiation committee Sarah Elmaleh told Reuters after the new agreement passed.

Elmaleh, a voice actor for popular titles like Final Fantasy XV and Call of Duty: Black Ops III, said she knew it was crucial to ensure there was a baseline for how to ethically use AI in the gaming industry.

The new protections include consent and disclosure requirements for AI digital replica use and the ability for performers to suspend consent for the generation of new material during a strike.

“This deal achieves important progress around AI protections, and progress is the name of the game,” SAG-AFTRA President Fran Drescher said in the guild’s statement.

The deal applies to video game studios Activision Productions, Blindlight, Disney Character Voices, Electronic Arts Productions, Formosa Interactive, Insomniac Games, Llama Productions, Take 2 Productions and WB Games.

“On behalf of the video game producers that are party to the agreement, we are pleased that SAG-AFTRA members have ratified a new Interactive Media Agreement, which delivers historic wage increases, industry-leading A.I. protections, and enhanced health and safety measures for performers,” Audrey Cooling, spokesperson for the video game studios, said in the press release.

The new Interactive Media Agreement, which goes into effect immediately, was approved by SAG-AFTRA members by a vote of 95.04 percent to 4.96 percent, ratifying the deal and ending the video game strike, which had been suspended pending ratification.

The new contract also offers more performer safety measures, which was a specific concern for motion capture video game performers.

“There are folks who not only give their voices to these characters, but their bodies, and they put their bodies on the line for these characters,” Elmaleh said.

Motion capture actors will have medics available during high-risk jobs.

The deal also provides compounded increases in performer pay at a rate of 15.17 percent upon ratification plus additional 3 percent increases in November 2025, November 2026 and November 2027.

The work stoppage of video game voice actors and motion-capture performers started following failed contract negotiations focused around AI-related protections for workers, bringing about another work stoppage in Hollywood following the dual writers’ and actors’ strikes in 2023.

The strike brought a larger call to action across Hollywood as people in the industry advocate for a law that can protect them from AI risks.

The NO FAKES Act, a bipartisan bill in Congress which would make it illegal to make an AI replica of someone’s likeness and voice without their permission, has gained support from the SAG-AFTRA performers union, the Motion Picture Association, The Recording Academy and Disney.

© Thomson Reuters 2025



Source link

Share This Article
Twitter Email Copy Link Print
What do you think?
Love0
Sad0
Happy0
Sleepy0
Angry0
Dead0
Wink0
Previous Article Brad Pitt wants to reunite with the twins; source reveals he made attempts to reach out ahead of their 17th birthday – Deets Inside | – Times of India – Delhi News Daily
Next Article News18 Rahul Gandhi Puts Siddaramaiah-Shivakumar Power Tussle On ‘Waiting List’, But For How Long? – Delhi News Daily
Leave a comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Recent Posts

  • 360 BSE 500 stocks bleed in August, 65 lose in double-digits; Maruti & KIOCL shine with up to 28% jump – Delhi News Daily
  • ‘Even If Shot Dead, I Won’t Retreat’: Manoj Jarange ‘Cautions’ Fadnavis Over Maratha Quota Demand – Delhi News Daily
  • Actor Goes Full Beast Mode in Shocking Wrestling Match; Crowd Stunned by Bloody Finish – Delhi News Daily
  • Trump’s health drama: Mystery bruise and swollen ankles – What the White House isn’t saying – The Times of India – Delhi News Daily
  • Feud at Diana’s grave: Prince William and Prince Harry split over mother’s 30th death anniversary films – The Times of India – Delhi News Daily

Recent Comments

No comments to show.

You Might Also Like

Perfect Match Season 3 Now Streaming On Netflix: Everything You Need to Know About This Dating Reality Show
Technology

Perfect Match Season 3 Now Streaming On Netflix – Delhi News Daily

One of the most anticipated dating shows, Perfect Match, is back with its season 3. This dating reality show has…

3 Min Read
sPHENIX at RHIC Delivers First Results, Sets Stage for Quark–Gluon Plasma Studies
Technology

sPHENIX at RHIC Delivers First Results, Sets Stage for Quark–Gluon Plasma Studies – Delhi News Daily

Brookhaven's sPHENIX detector at the Relativistic Heavy Ion Collider (RHIC) has reported its first physics measurements of gold-ion collisions. Designed…

3 Min Read
Rising Rocket Launches May Delay Ozone Layer Recovery, Study Finds
Technology

Rising Rocket Launches May Delay Ozone Layer Recovery, Study Finds – Delhi News Daily

With the increase in global rocket launches, scientists are reporting concerns about their impact on the ozone layer, our planet's…

3 Min Read
Narivetta OTT Release Date: When and Where to Watch Tovino Thomas Starrer Political Drama Online?
Technology

Narivetta OTT Release Date: When and Where to Watch This Political Drama Online? – Delhi News Daily

Narivetta is a Malayalam political action drama movie that has finally locked its OTT release date. The movie, after receiving…

2 Min Read

Delhi News Daily

© Delhi News Daily Network.

Incognito Web Technologies

Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?