Sign In

Delhi News Daily

  • Home
  • Fashion
  • Business
  • World News
  • Technology
  • Sports
  • Politics
  • Lifestyle
  • Entertainment
Reading: ‘I am the one who got them out’: Trump claims less than 20 Israeli hostages still alive, says ‘couple of them not around any longer’ – Times of India – Delhi News Daily
Share

Delhi News Daily

Font ResizerAa
Search
Have an existing account? Sign In
Follow US
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
Delhi News Daily > Blog > World News > ‘I am the one who got them out’: Trump claims less than 20 Israeli hostages still alive, says ‘couple of them not around any longer’ – Times of India – Delhi News Daily
World News

‘I am the one who got them out’: Trump claims less than 20 Israeli hostages still alive, says ‘couple of them not around any longer’ – Times of India – Delhi News Daily

delhinewsdaily
Last updated: August 23, 2025 7:00 am
delhinewsdaily
Share
SHARE


‘I am the one who got them out’: Trump claims less than 20 Israeli hostages still alive, says ‘couple of them not around any longer’

US President Donald Trump said that fewer than 20 hostages held in Gaza remain alive, a remark that has drawn anguish from families of the captives and was promptly denied by Israel’s hostage negotiator. “So now they have 20,” Trump said while speaking to reporters at the Oval Office on Friday. “But the 20 is actually probably not 20 because a couple of them are not around any longer.”“And you have to understand, I’m the one who got all of the hostages out,” Trump said, claiming credit for the release of “hundreds” of captives, even though fewer than 150 remained in Gaza when he assumed office on January 20, reported the Times of Israel.Following his remarks, the Hostages and Missing Families Forum released a statement that read, “Mr. President, there are 50 hostages. For us, each and every one of them is a world in itself.”Trump also claimed credit for securing releases during the January-March ceasefire, denounced Hamas’s “extortion” and outlined ongoing efforts to recover the rest of the hostages.“The situation has to end, it’s extortion and it has to end,” Trump said, referring to Hamas’s hostage-taking and negotiations. He added that he believes it would be “safer, in many ways,” to free the captives through a military operation rather than a deal with Hamas. “We’re doing everything we can to get the hostages out, it’s not easy,” he added.

Israel’s ministry refutes claims

Israel’s coordinator for hostage affairs, Gal Hirsch, said in a statement following Trump’s remarks that, “according to the information we have, there is no change in the number of living hostages,”. “Twenty of the hostages are alive, two [others] are in grave danger for their lives, 28 are no longer alive and have been declared deceased,” he wrote to the families.Trump was also questioned about why the United States seems to support Israel’s move to seize control of Gaza City, despite opposition from the families of the hostages who fear the move could endanger their loved ones. “Not all of them,” Trump replied, seemingly pointing to a minority of hostage relatives who support Israel’s expanded operation in Gaza.Israeli officials maintain that 50 hostages are being held in Gaza, 49 of the 251 abducted during the Hamas-led assault on October 7, 2023, along with one captive taken earlier. 28 among them have been confirmed dead by the IDF, and authorities believe 20 hostages are still alive. The condition of two others remain in serious doubt. Hamas is also reportedly holding the body of an IDF soldier killed in Gaza in 2014, as per the Times of Israel. Earlier this week, Israel advanced further into Gaza, pressing ahead with its plan to seize the territory while simultaneously approving thousands of new housing units in the occupied West Bank, steps that drew international concern and renewed debate over the prospects of a Palestinian state.Brig. Gen. Effie Defrin, the IDF’s chief spokesperson, announced that Israel “has begun the next phase of the war,” noting that troops had reached the outskirts of Gaza City and were preparing to relocate displaced residents to southern Gaza, reported The New York Times.More than 62,000 people have been killed in the besieged Gaza Strip since the start of the conflict, as per Gaza’s health ministry.





Source link

Share This Article
Twitter Email Copy Link Print
What do you think?
Love0
Sad0
Happy0
Sleepy0
Angry0
Dead0
Wink0
Previous Article From 6X gains in 2024 to bear market pain in 2025. Is this smallcap multibagger stock a buy now? – Delhi News Daily
Next Article From VIP suites to in-flight luxury: Find out how Emirates Is going all out to celebrate 14 Years as US open’s official airline | World News – Times of India – Delhi News Daily
Leave a comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Recent Posts

  • Suryakumar Yadav press conference: How SKY trolled India-Pakistan rivalry – Delhi News Daily
  • Assam Congress Claims Bhupen Borah Withdrew Resignation, He Says ‘Not Yet’ – Delhi News Daily
  • Imports up 19% in January as India’s trade deficit widens to $34.68 bn – Delhi News Daily
  • ‘Do well, kid, I am rooting for you’: Kangana Ranaut pens heartfelt note for ‘Dhurandhar’ star Sara Arjun | Hindi Movie News – The Times of India – Delhi News Daily
  • Assam To Kerala, Divided The Congress Stands: Decoding Party’s Turmoil Across 4 Poll Battlegrounds – Delhi News Daily

Recent Comments

No comments to show.

You Might Also Like

World News

‘Choice between family and staying here’: H-1B workers share horror stories after Trump crackdown; call it tragic – The Times of India – Delhi News Daily

Confusion and fear gripped H-1B visa holders over the weekend as a sudden US policy change forced some to choose…

7 Min Read
World News

Ghosted: Elon Musk changed his phone number after fight with Trump, all messages remained unread – Times of India – Delhi News Daily

Elon Musk changed his phone number after his massive fallout with President Donald Trump. Elon Musk took some major steps…

6 Min Read
World News

Who is Ashli Babbitt? Trump supporter killed at 35 in January 6 riots; to get military funeral honor | World News – The Times of India – Delhi News Daily

Ashli Babbitt (Pic credit: AP) The US Air Force has decided to extend military funeral honors to Ashli Babbitt, the…

5 Min Read
World News

‘If you leave the job…’: USCIS on what happens when you are on employment visa but don’t report to employer – Times of India – Delhi News Daily

USCIS issued a reminder on what happens when a person on employment visa does not report to the employers. The…

5 Min Read

Delhi News Daily

© Delhi News Daily Network.

Incognito Web Technologies

Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?