Sign In

Delhi News Daily

  • Home
  • Fashion
  • Business
  • World News
  • Technology
  • Sports
  • Politics
  • Lifestyle
  • Entertainment
Reading: A wider war? Donald Trump ends all diplomatic outreach with Venezuela; signals tougher US stance on Maduro – The Times of India – Delhi News Daily
Share

Delhi News Daily

Font ResizerAa
Search
Have an existing account? Sign In
Follow US
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
Delhi News Daily > Blog > World News > A wider war? Donald Trump ends all diplomatic outreach with Venezuela; signals tougher US stance on Maduro – The Times of India – Delhi News Daily
World News

A wider war? Donald Trump ends all diplomatic outreach with Venezuela; signals tougher US stance on Maduro – The Times of India – Delhi News Daily

delhinewsdaily
Last updated: October 7, 2025 7:51 am
delhinewsdaily
Share
SHARE


A wider war? Donald Trump ends all diplomatic outreach with Venezuela; signals tougher US stance on Maduro
Donald Trump, Nicolas Maduro (AP)

US President Donald Trump has halted diplomatic efforts with Venezuela and ordered his special envoy, Richard Grenell, to end all outreach, according to senior US officials.The move signals an end to Washington’s attempts at negotiation with President Nicolás Maduro’s government and could pave the way for a tougher US stance, including potential military action targeting drug trafficking operations linked to Venezuela.Richard Grenell, who serves as a special presidential envoy and executive director of the Kennedy Center, was spearheading negotiations with Venezuelan President Nicolás Maduro and other senior officials.However, during a meeting with top military leaders last Thursday, President Trump reportedly called Grenell and directed him to immediately halt all diplomatic efforts, including ongoing talks with Maduro, officials said Monday, as cited by the New York Times. The development comes amid a series of recent US military strikes on vessels allegedly transporting drugs near Venezuela. In a notice to Congress, Trump stated that the United States is engaged in “a non-international armed conflict” with drug cartels.While Trump is reportedly weighing potential strikes inside Venezuela, a US official said the president has not yet decided whether to move forward with a second phase of the military campaign, as per Reuters. Marco Rubio, the secretary of state and national security adviser, has labeled Nicolás Maduro an “illegitimate” leader, repeatedly pointing to a US indictment accusing him of drug trafficking. Rubio has also called Maduro a “fugitive from American justice,” as Washington raised the bounty on the Venezuelan president to $50 million.Trump has reportedly grown increasingly frustrated with Nicolás Maduro’s refusal to step down and with Venezuelan officials’ continued denials of involvement in drug trafficking. A White House official said Trump is prepared to use “every element of American power” to curb the flow of narcotics into the United States and has repeatedly warned Maduro to halt Venezuela’s role in the drug trade.Some current and former officials say Trump may authorize strikes on drug cartel targets inside Mexico, though it’s unclear whether he has approved any plan. The US military says recent attacks on boats carrying narcotics took place in international waters. But officials warn that expanding operations into Venezuela or moving to oust Maduro could risk drawing the US into a wider conflict.Last month, Trump deployed 10 F-35 fighter jets to Puerto Rico, marking the largest military buildup in the Caribbean in more than 30 years. The deployment also included eight warships and a nuclear-powered submarine, part of what the administration described as an operation to combat drug trafficking routes into the United States.





Source link

Share This Article
Twitter Email Copy Link Print
What do you think?
Love0
Sad0
Happy0
Sleepy0
Angry0
Dead0
Wink0
Previous Article In Numbers: How the number of Indian students going to the US has declined— and where they are headed instead | World News – The Times of India – Delhi News Daily
Next Article Trump’s face on $1 coins? New American currency in process; ‘no profile more emblematic’ says treasury – The Times of India – Delhi News Daily
Leave a comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Recent Posts

  • Assam To Kerala, Divided The Congress Stands: Decoding Party’s Turmoil Across 4 Poll Battlegrounds – Delhi News Daily
  • Fortis Healthcare maintains strong growth momentum, eyes expansion – Delhi News Daily
  • दिल्ली दुनिया के 10 सबसे प्रदूषित शहरों की लिस्ट से बाहर, जानें सूची में अब कौन-कौन से शहर – Delhi News Daily
  • Mike Hesson press conference: ‘Ishan took the game away from us’ after India beat Pakistan – Delhi News Daily
  • Ex-Assam Congress Chief Bhupen Borah Resigns, Blames Gaurav Gogoi’s High-Handedness – Delhi News Daily

Recent Comments

No comments to show.

You Might Also Like

World News

‘You didn’t have to see my mom crying’: H-1B visa holder narrates harrowing experience, MAGA says ‘stay in your country’ – The Times of India – Delhi News Daily

An H-1B Redditor narrated the harrowing few hours in the aftermath of the US government's announcement of a $100,000 visa…

5 Min Read
World News

‘Stuff of nightmares’: Minnesota murders accused Vance Boelter ‘stalked victims like prey’; chilling details emerge – Times of India – Delhi News Daily

Vance Luther Boelter visited two other houses the same night he allegedly killed Melissa Hortman and her husband. 57-year-old Vance…

5 Min Read
World News

Donald Trump’s crackdown on immigration: H-1B visas set to get costlier, work permits for Indians may take a hit – 10 things to know about ‘Project Firewall’ – The Times of India – Delhi News Daily

US President Donald Trump speaks in the Oval Office of the White House. (Pic credit: AP) The US department of…

8 Min Read
World News

UAE: American nu-metal legends Limp Bizkit return to Abu Dhabi on August 12, 2025 for their 1st show in over 10 years | World News – Times of India – Delhi News Daily

Tickets for Limp Bizkit’s Abu Dhabi show range from AED 435 to 765 and are available via Etihad Arena and…

9 Min Read

Delhi News Daily

© Delhi News Daily Network.

Incognito Web Technologies

Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?