Sign In

Delhi News Daily

  • Home
  • Fashion
  • Business
  • World News
  • Technology
  • Sports
  • Politics
  • Lifestyle
  • Entertainment
Reading: BBC director-general Tim Davie quits after 20 years amid row over misleading edit of Trump’s January 6 speech – The Times of India – Delhi News Daily
Share

Delhi News Daily

Font ResizerAa
Search
Have an existing account? Sign In
Follow US
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
Delhi News Daily > Blog > World News > BBC director-general Tim Davie quits after 20 years amid row over misleading edit of Trump’s January 6 speech – The Times of India – Delhi News Daily
World News

BBC director-general Tim Davie quits after 20 years amid row over misleading edit of Trump’s January 6 speech – The Times of India – Delhi News Daily

delhinewsdaily
Last updated: November 9, 2025 7:16 pm
delhinewsdaily
Share
SHARE


Contents
What was the row about?Davie takes ‘ultimate responsibility’
BBC director-general Tim Davie quits after 20 years amid row over misleading edit of Trump’s January 6 speech

Tim Davie resigned as British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC) director-general on Sunday as pressure mounted over a Panorama programme accused of cutting together Donald Trump’s words in a way that misled viewers, triggering one of the broadcaster’s biggest rows in years.Deborah Turness, the BBC’s CEO of News, has also resigned as anger grew inside the newsroom.

What was the row about?

The uproar began after an internal BBC dossier revealed concerns about how a Panorama documentary titled Trump: A Second Chance? edited clips from US President Donald Trump’s January 6, 2021, speech. The edits made it appear that he told supporters he would march with them to the US Capitol to “fight like hell”. The documentary aired shortly before last year’s US election. White House later accused the BBC of “100 per cent fake news”.The document was written by former journalist Michael Prescott and circulated inside the BBC. It pointed to serious editorial failures and raised additional questions about BBC Arabic’s coverage of the Gaza conflict. The Telegraph’s reporting on the memo triggered an immediate backlash, prompting the House of Commons Culture, Media and Sport Committee to demand answers from BBC chairman Samir Shah.

Davie takes ‘ultimate responsibility’

Announcing his resignation, Davie said: “There have been some mistakes made and as Director-General I have to take ultimate responsibility.” He added that his decision followed high pressure from the job. “I wanted to let you know that I have decided to leave the BBC after 20 years. This is entirely my decision, and I remain very thankful to the Chair and Board for their unswerving and unanimous support throughout my entire tenure, including during recent days.”He said he would work with the Board on the timing of his departure to ensure an orderly transition, according to the Daily Mail. He said: “In these increasingly polarised times, the BBC is of unique value and speaks to the very best of us.” He acknowledged that recent debate around BBC News had contributed to his decision.BBC Chairman Samir Shah paid tribute to Davie. “This is a sad day for the BBC. Tim has been an outstanding Director-General for the last five years. He has propelled the BBC forward with determination, single-mindedness and foresight.” He added that he understood the pressure Davie had faced and respected his decision.





Source link

Share This Article
Twitter Email Copy Link Print
What do you think?
Love0
Sad0
Happy0
Sleepy0
Angry0
Dead0
Wink0
Previous Article Who is Tea Tyme? TikToker accused of hitting Zion man during live stream as shocking clip goes viral – The Times of India – Delhi News Daily
Next Article UFC legend Rampage Jackson’s Rome livestream turns chaotic after fake money giveaway | International Sports News – The Times of India – Delhi News Daily
Leave a comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Recent Posts

  • Assam To Kerala, Divided The Congress Stands: Decoding Party’s Turmoil Across 4 Poll Battlegrounds – Delhi News Daily
  • Fortis Healthcare maintains strong growth momentum, eyes expansion – Delhi News Daily
  • दिल्ली दुनिया के 10 सबसे प्रदूषित शहरों की लिस्ट से बाहर, जानें सूची में अब कौन-कौन से शहर – Delhi News Daily
  • Mike Hesson press conference: ‘Ishan took the game away from us’ after India beat Pakistan – Delhi News Daily
  • Ex-Assam Congress Chief Bhupen Borah Resigns, Blames Gaurav Gogoi’s High-Handedness – Delhi News Daily

Recent Comments

No comments to show.

You Might Also Like

French school stabbing: Teen arrested for stabbing employee; Macron condemns violence – Times of India – Delhi News Daily

Representative image (AI) A French teaching assistant was stabbed to death on Tuesday by a 15-year-old student at Françoise Dolto…

4 Min Read
World News

Watch: Armed US immigration agents drive off with toddler in car; father detained in raid – The Times of India – Delhi News Daily

Immigration officers in Los Angeles arrested a US citizen near a Home Depot, with two officers then using his car…

5 Min Read
World News

‘I am the one who got them out’: Trump claims less than 20 Israeli hostages still alive, says ‘couple of them not around any longer’ – Times of India – Delhi News Daily

US President Donald Trump said that fewer than 20 hostages held in Gaza remain alive, a remark that has drawn…

7 Min Read
World News

A wider war? Donald Trump ends all diplomatic outreach with Venezuela; signals tougher US stance on Maduro – The Times of India – Delhi News Daily

Donald Trump, Nicolas Maduro (AP) US President Donald Trump has halted diplomatic efforts with Venezuela and ordered his special envoy,…

6 Min Read

Delhi News Daily

© Delhi News Daily Network.

Incognito Web Technologies

Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?