Sign In

Delhi News Daily

  • Home
  • Fashion
  • Business
  • World News
  • Technology
  • Sports
  • Politics
  • Lifestyle
  • Entertainment
Reading: BioWare Pitched a Dragon Age Trilogy Remaster, but EA Turned It Down – Delhi News Daily
Share

Delhi News Daily

Font ResizerAa
Search
Have an existing account? Sign In
Follow US
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
Delhi News Daily > Blog > Technology > BioWare Pitched a Dragon Age Trilogy Remaster, but EA Turned It Down – Delhi News Daily
Technology

BioWare Pitched a Dragon Age Trilogy Remaster, but EA Turned It Down – Delhi News Daily

delhinewsdaily
Last updated: August 12, 2025 7:14 am
delhinewsdaily
Share
EA Turned Down Pitch for Dragon Age Trilogy Remaster, Says Former BioWare Producer
SHARE


BioWare reportedly unsuccessfully pitched remastering the first three Dragon Age games to EA. The studio wanted to remaster Dragon Age: Origins, Dragon Age 2, and Dragon Age: Inquisition and release it as a trilogy, much like Mass Effect Legendary Edition, according to a former BioWare executive who worked on the series. EA, however, turned the developer down.

BioWare Pitched Dragon Age Remastered Trilogy

In a recent interview with MrMattyPlays, a YouTube channel known for its RPG coverage, former Dragon Age series producer Mark Darrah said BioWare had soft pitched the idea to remaster the first three Dragon Age games as part of single “Champions Trilogy” to EA.

Darrah shared his thoughts on BioWare’s two biggest franchises, Dragon Age and Mass Effect, and talked about the possible future of the Dragon Age series following the disappointing release of Dragon Age: The Veilguard last year.

“I honestly think they should do — I don’t think they will —but I think they should do a remaster of the first three (Dragon Age games),” Darrah said in response to a question about the series’ future.

“One of the things we pitched at one point — pretty softly, so ‘pitch’ is a massive overstatement — was to kind of retroactively rebrand the first three games as if they were a trilogy and call it the ‘Champions Trilogy’,” he said.

That remastered trilogy, however, was turned down by EA, according to Darrah. He also said that remastering older Dragon Age games was a much harder task than remastering Mass Effect games.

“EA’s historically been — and I don’t really know why, but they’ve even said this publicly — they’re kind of against remasters,” Darrah said. “I don’t really know why. It’s strange for a publicly traded company to basically seem to be against free money, but they seem to be against it. But that’s just part of it.

“The other problem is that Dragon Age is just harder than Mass Effect to do, and to some degree unknowably harder. Maybe only a little bit harder, maybe a lot harder,” Darrah explained.

The same sentiment was echoed by Dragon Age: The Veilguard creative director John Epler around the time of the game’s release in 2024. Epler talked about the possibility of remastering the first three Dragon Age games for modern platforms, much like Mass Effect Legendary Edition, and said it would be a challenging task.

“I think I’m one of about maybe 20 people left at BioWare who’s actually used Eclipse,” Epler said last year. “It’s something that’s not going to be as easy as Mass Effect, but we do love the original games. Never say never, I guess that’s what it comes down to.”

The first two Dragon Age games utilised BioWare’s custom Eclipse engine, while the Mass Effect trilogy was developed using the more ubiquitous Unreal Engine, which made the remastering process for Mass Effect Legendary Edition a relatively smoother process.

BioWare released Dragon Age: The Veilguard, the first new game in the series in a decade, in October last year, but the RPG failed to live up to EA’s sales expectations. Right after the game’s release BioWare confirmed it had no plans to release post-launch content for Dragon Age: The Veilguard and was instead shifting its focus on the next Mass Effect title.

Earlier this year, it was reported that BioWare faced widespread cuts following the underwhelming release of Dragon Age: The Veilguard. EA reportedly laid off over 20 staffers and permanently moved several others to different in-house teams.

Last month, BioWare announced it was shutting down Anthem years after its underwhelming launch. The game will be taken offline on January 12, 2026, after which it will no longer be playable.



Source link

Share This Article
Twitter Email Copy Link Print
What do you think?
Love0
Sad0
Happy0
Sleepy0
Angry0
Dead0
Wink0
Previous Article Faissal Khan claims Aamir Khan asked to give up his signatory rights: ‘A doctor will say you will need a guardian in front of the judge’ – Deets inside | – Times of India – Delhi News Daily
Next Article News18 ‘Humari Khopdi Sanak Gayi Toh…’: Mithun Chakraborty’s ‘140 Crore’ Jibe To Bilawal Bhutto’s Threat – Delhi News Daily
Leave a comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Recent Posts

  • अरविंद केजरीवाल को मिलेगा नया सरकारी बंगला? इस प्लान पर काम करेगी AAP पार्टी – Delhi News Daily
  • Minneapolis gunman killed 2 children after breakup? Inside US shooter’s final days — ‘That scary horrible monster’ – The Times of India – Delhi News Daily
  • ‘American brand globally is in the toilet’: Former US NSA Jake Sullivan says Trump’s ‘massive trade offensive’ is pushing India toward China – The Times of India – Delhi News Daily
  • Iowa senator Joni Ernst won’t seek reelection: Democrats eye flipping majority in midterm – reports – The Times of India – Delhi News Daily
  • Nvidia stock gets boost from JP Morgan; analysts look past tepid outlook, hike target price – Delhi News Daily

Recent Comments

No comments to show.

You Might Also Like

SWOT Satellite Captures Tsunami Wave After Kamchatka Quake
Technology

SWOT Satellite Captures Tsunami Wave After Kamchatka Quake – Delhi News Daily

The U.S.-French SWOT (Surface Water and Ocean Topography) satellite captured the leading edge of a tsunami wave that rolled through…

3 Min Read
Dead NASA Satellite Relay 2 May Have Caused Mysterious 2024 Radio Burst
Technology

Dead NASA Satellite Relay 2 May Have Caused Mysterious 2024 Radio Burst – Delhi News Daily

In June 2024, scientists detected a mysterious, powerful burst of radio waves originating from within our galaxy. At first, they…

3 Min Read
Starlink’s Unintended Signals Threaten Astronomical Research, Study Finds
Technology

Starlink’s Unintended Signals Threaten Astronomical Research, Study Finds – Delhi News Daily

Astronomers have concerns over SpaceX's Starlink connection, as the world is interlinked by the Starlink internet service, but there are…

3 Min Read
Scientists Trace Universe’s Missing Ordinary Matter Using FRBs and X-rays
Technology

Scientists Trace Universe’s Missing Ordinary Matter Using FRBs and X-rays – Delhi News Daily

Almost half of the matter of the universe is yet hidden from observation, literally unknown to us. Scientists have discovered…

3 Min Read

Delhi News Daily

© Delhi News Daily Network.

Incognito Web Technologies

Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?