Sign In

Delhi News Daily

  • Home
  • Fashion
  • Business
  • World News
  • Technology
  • Sports
  • Politics
  • Lifestyle
  • Entertainment
Reading: Boulder firebomb attack claims life of 82-year-old woman; suspect now faces murder charge | World News – Times of India – Delhi News Daily
Share

Delhi News Daily

Font ResizerAa
Search
Have an existing account? Sign In
Follow US
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
Delhi News Daily > Blog > World News > Boulder firebomb attack claims life of 82-year-old woman; suspect now faces murder charge | World News – Times of India – Delhi News Daily
World News

Boulder firebomb attack claims life of 82-year-old woman; suspect now faces murder charge | World News – Times of India – Delhi News Daily

delhinewsdaily
Last updated: July 1, 2025 1:55 am
delhinewsdaily
Share
SHARE


Boulder firebomb attack claims life of 82-year-old woman; suspect now faces murder charge
Boulder firebomb attack claims life of 82-year-old woman; suspect now faces murder charge

An 82-year-old woman injured in a firebomb attack on a peaceful gathering in support of Israeli hostages has died from her injuries, prompting prosecutors to add a first-degree murder charge against the suspect, officials said. Karen Diamond was among a group of around 20 people participating in a “Run for Their Lives” event on June 1 at Pearl Street Mall in Boulder when a man threw multiple Molotov cocktails at the crowd. The attack left 12 people injured, including Diamond, who sustained critical burns. The Boulder County District Attorney’s Office confirmed her death on Monday. “This horrific attack has now claimed the life of an innocent person who was beloved by her family and friends,” District Attorney Michael Dougherty said in a statement. “Our hearts are with the Diamond family during this incredibly difficult time.” The suspect, identified as Mohamed Sabry Soliman, 45, of Colorado Springs, was arrested shortly after the attack. According to court documents, Soliman shouted “Free Palestine” as he hurled homemade firebombs at the group. He later told police he intended to “kill all Zionist people.” Federal authorities have labeled the incident a terrorist attack. Soliman was indicted last week on 12 federal hate crime counts and faces over 100 state charges, including attempted murder and arson. With Diamond’s death, prosecutors are now adding a charge of first-degree murder. Investigators say Soliman, an Egyptian national living illegally in the US, had been planning the attack for a year. He allegedly studied how to make Molotov cocktails online and traveled from Colorado Springs to Boulder dressed in a construction vest, posing as a gardener to approach the group without raising suspicion. At the scene, authorities recovered 16 additional unlit Molotov cocktails in a plastic container and a weed sprayer filled with petrol. Officials believe these were intended for use had Soliman not been stopped. Soliman’s attorney, David Kraut, entered a not guilty plea on his behalf in court last week. Soliman remains in custody as the legal proceedings continue. Meanwhile, Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) officials have taken his wife and five children into custody. A federal judge has temporarily blocked their deportation. The attack and now Diamond’s death have shaken the Boulder community. Vigils have been held in her memory, and tributes have poured in from those who knew her as a dedicated community member and a passionate advocate. Governor Jared Polis condemned the attack and expressed condolences to the Diamond family, calling her death “a tragic loss born of senseless hate.” The next court hearing in the case is scheduled for July 15.





Source link

Share This Article
Twitter Email Copy Link Print
What do you think?
Love0
Sad0
Happy0
Sleepy0
Angry0
Dead0
Wink0
Previous Article White House celebrations: Trump to honour pilots who ‘obliterated’ Iran’s nuclear sites on July 4 | World News – Times of India – Delhi News Daily
Next Article Trump officials say Harvard violated civil rights of Jews – Times of India – Delhi News Daily
Leave a comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Recent Posts

  • When Mahesh Babu said “Bollywood can’t afford me”: A throwback to the ‘SSMB29’ actor’s controversial remark | Telugu Movie News – The Times of India – Delhi News Daily
  • Princess Diana’s time capsule opened: What was found and revealed | World News – The Times of India – Delhi News Daily
  • UAE: Dubai tenants now must share details of who they live with on Ejari platform, how to fill in co-living details | World News – The Times of India – Delhi News Daily
  • ‘Trump is Dead’ trends on X: J D Vance’s remark over US president sparks frenzy; Simpsons prediction adds fuel – The Times of India – Delhi News Daily
  • Ssense seeks bankruptcy protection as luxury e-commerce falters – Delhi News Daily

Recent Comments

No comments to show.

You Might Also Like

World News

No PM Modi-Xi Jinping moment: China says president to skip Brics Summit, premier Li to attend – Times of India – Delhi News Daily

File photo of China's President Xi Jinping (Pic credit: PTI) Chinese premier Li Qiang will represent China at the 17th…

5 Min Read
World News

Joe Biden pardons: Did former US president use autopen in final days of his office? Report says chief of staff gave final green light – Times of India – Delhi News Daily

In the final hours of former US President Joe Biden’s term, his chief of staff Jeff Zients reportedly authorised the…

7 Min Read
World News

Who is Jeanine Pirro? Trump loyalist and ex-Fox News host confirmed as top US attorney; wins Senate approval – Times of India – Delhi News Daily

The US Senate on Saturday confirmed Jeanine Pirro, a well-known Fox News personality and President Donald Trump loyalist, to a…

6 Min Read
World News

Indian-origin Berkeley graduate claims he fooled investors. He has no product, no pitch – Times of India – Delhi News Daily

Indian-origin UC Berkeley graduate says he fooled investors by just dropping Stanford's name. Bhavye Khetan, an Indian-origin UC Berkeley graduate…

5 Min Read

Delhi News Daily

© Delhi News Daily Network.

Incognito Web Technologies

Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?