Sign In

Delhi News Daily

  • Home
  • Fashion
  • Business
  • World News
  • Technology
  • Sports
  • Politics
  • Lifestyle
  • Entertainment
Reading: Emine Erdogan appeals to Melania Trump over Gaza’s children – Times of India – Delhi News Daily
Share

Delhi News Daily

Font ResizerAa
Search
Have an existing account? Sign In
Follow US
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
Delhi News Daily > Blog > World News > Emine Erdogan appeals to Melania Trump over Gaza’s children – Times of India – Delhi News Daily
World News

Emine Erdogan appeals to Melania Trump over Gaza’s children – Times of India – Delhi News Daily

delhinewsdaily
Last updated: August 24, 2025 2:48 pm
delhinewsdaily
Share
SHARE


Emine Erdogan appeals to Melania Trump over Gaza's children
Emine Erdogan and Melania Trump (File photo)

Emine Erdogan, the wife of Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan, has appealed to US first lady Melania Trump to advocate for children in Gaza and call on Israel to end the humanitarian crisis.The appeal comes after the US first lady’s earlier outreach to Russian President Vladimir Putin, in which she called for the protection of children during the war in Ukraine.What did Emine Erdogan say to Melania Trump?In the letter, published by Turkey’s Anadolu news agency, Erdogan said she trusted Melania Trump would extend that compassion to those in Gaza.Erdogan asked Melania Trump to write to Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, appealing for measures to end the crisis.“I have faith that the important sensitivity you have shown for the 648 Ukrainian children who have lost their lives in the war will be extended to Gaza as well,” Emine Erdogan wrote in the letter published by the Turkish presidency.“These children, driven into deep psychological ruin and having completely forgotten how to smile, scream into microphones that they want to die, carrying the exhaustion of a war they cannot cope with in their innocent hearts,” she wrote.“I believe that your call on behalf of Gaza would fulfill a historic responsibility toward the Palestinian people,” the missive added.The White House did not immediately respond.During his Alaska summit with Vladimir Putin, US President Donald Trump hand-delivered a letter to the Russian leader from Melania Trump, urging him to consider the children impacted by the conflict and bring an end to the war. At the start of talks at the White House on Monday, Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy handed a letter to Trump from his wife, Olena, thanking the Slovenian-born US first lady for the letter to Putin.How many children have died in Gaza?Gaza’s Hamas-run Health Ministry on Saturday said at least 62,622 people have been killed since the war began, including those missing and now confirmed dead. The ministry said the total number of malnutrition-related deaths rose by eight to 281.The ministry does not differentiate between civilians and combatants, but the United Nations and multiple humanitarian organizations consider the casualty numbers broadly reliable.Around half of Gaza’s 2.3 million inhabitants are children, and the UN says the majority of civilians killed have been women and children. In July, the UN Office for Operations Chief Jorge Moreira da Silva told DW that 18,000 to 20,000 children had been killed since the conflict began.Israel launched its Gaza operation after the Hamas terror attacks in southern Israel on October 7 that killed some 1,200 people, with Hamas along with other Palestinian groups taking hostages from Israel. Of the 251 people abducted during the October 7 attack, about 50 remain in Gaza. Israel believes roughly 20 of them are still alive.Hamas is classified as a terrorist organization by many countries, including the United States, Israel and Germany.





Source link

Share This Article
Twitter Email Copy Link Print
What do you think?
Love0
Sad0
Happy0
Sleepy0
Angry0
Dead0
Wink0
Previous Article North Korea: Kim oversees ‘new’ missile test — state media – Times of India – Delhi News Daily
Next Article ‘Made significant concessions’: Are Russians stringing Donald Trump along? Here’s what JD Vance said – Times of India – Delhi News Daily
Leave a comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Recent Posts

  • Huthis raid UN premises in Yemen: At least 11 aid workers detained; crackdown follows Israeli strike – The Times of India – Delhi News Daily
  • Market Trading Guide: 2 stocks to buy on Monday with up to 13% upside potential – Trend Tracker – Delhi News Daily
  • ‘Disgraceful…: War of Words Between BJP, TMC Over Mahua Moitra’s Hate Remarks Against Amit Shah – Delhi News Daily
  • दिल्ली पुलिस को मिली बड़ी सफलता, हाशिम बाबा गैंग का शूटर गिरफ्तार, ऑटोमैटिक पिस्टल और जिंदा कारतूस बरामद – Delhi News Daily
  • ‘Our country would be completely destroyed’: Trump defends tariffs after US court setback; thanks Obama-appointed judge – The Times of India – Delhi News Daily

Recent Comments

No comments to show.

You Might Also Like

World News

Kiss cam scandal: Astronomer teams up with Chris Martin’s ex-wife Gwyneth Paltrow; drops satirical video – Times of India – Delhi News Daily

The American actress Gwyneth Paltrow was featured in a Astronomer video following Coldplay kiss cam scandal In a bizarre twist…

6 Min Read

‘Corrupt and politically motivated’: Trump-pardoned Proud Boys sue government for $100 million, allege persecution of political allies – Times of India – Delhi News Daily

5 Proud Boys sue US government over January 6 prosecutions Five leaders of the far-right Proud Boys group are suing…

5 Min Read
World News

‘Distressing’ situation: 800 children to be tested for infectious disease linked to alleged abuser at childcare centres; held working permit despite being reported – Times of India – Delhi News Daily

Australian authorities have advised infectious disease testing for around 800 children across four childcare centres where a man, now facing…

5 Min Read
World News

US Air Force suspends SpaceX rocket project – Times of India – Delhi News Daily

WASHINGTON: The US Air Force has suspended plans it had proposed with Elon Musk's SpaceX to test hypersonic rocket cargo…

3 Min Read

Delhi News Daily

© Delhi News Daily Network.

Incognito Web Technologies

Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?