Sign In

Delhi News Daily

  • Home
  • Fashion
  • Business
  • World News
  • Technology
  • Sports
  • Politics
  • Lifestyle
  • Entertainment
Reading: Fingerprints, DNA and a foiled escape: How French police caught Louvre museum heist suspects; hunt for jewels still on – The Times of India – Delhi News Daily
Share

Delhi News Daily

Font ResizerAa
Search
Have an existing account? Sign In
Follow US
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
Delhi News Daily > Blog > World News > Fingerprints, DNA and a foiled escape: How French police caught Louvre museum heist suspects; hunt for jewels still on – The Times of India – Delhi News Daily
World News

Fingerprints, DNA and a foiled escape: How French police caught Louvre museum heist suspects; hunt for jewels still on – The Times of India – Delhi News Daily

delhinewsdaily
Last updated: October 27, 2025 7:42 am
delhinewsdaily
Share
SHARE


Contents
How the suspects were traced: What we knowThe heist
Fingerprints, DNA and a foiled escape: How French police caught Louvre museum heist suspects; hunt for jewels still on

French authorities have arrested two suspects in connection with the high-profile theft of France’s crown jewels from Paris’ Louvre Museum, officials confirmed on Sunday. The arrests come a week after the dramatic heist, in which thieves made off with royal artifacts worth an estimated 88 million euros (102 million dollars), leaving the world’s most-visited museum reeling. Paris prosecutor Laure Beccuau said the arrests were made on Saturday evening, though she did not confirm whether any of the stolen jewels had been recovered. The investigation, led by a special police unit handling armed robberies and art thefts, remains ongoing.

How the suspects were traced: What we know

According to a police official, both men — in their 30s and known to law enforcement — were taken into custody after investigators analyzed extensive forensic evidence collected from the scene. One suspect was identified through DNA traces found among the 150 samples examined by forensics teams. The other was intercepted at Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport as he attempted to board a flight bound for Algeria, authorities said. The suspects can be held in custody for up to 96 hours as questioning continues.Fingerprints at the crime scene and objects that the thieves left behind, including power tools, gloves and a motorcycle helmet, were also examined. Beccuau also said investigators had analyzed video surveillance footage to track the thieves’ escape, although she did not provide details on the route they took.Prosecutor Beccuau praised the work of over 100 investigators mobilized for the case but criticized premature leaks that, she warned, could jeopardize recovery efforts.“The amount of media coverage this organized robbery has received gives me a glimmer of hope that the perpetrators won’t dare to move the jewelry too far,” Beccuau told NYT. “And that we’ll be able to find it if we act quickly.”The arrests mark a major breakthrough for French investigators, who are racing to recover the jewels before the thieves can dismantle the pieces and sell or melt down their rare stones and precious metals — a fate many experts fear.

The heist

Last Sunday morning, thieves used a basket lift to scale the Louvre’s façade, forced open a window, and smashed display cases — escaping in under eight minutes with eight royal treasures. The stolen collection included a sapphire diadem, an emerald necklace, and Empress Eugénie’s diamond brooch. One piece — Eugénie’s emerald-set imperial crown — was later recovered outside the museum, damaged but repairable. French Interior Minister Laurent Nunez hailed the arrests as “a vital step forward,” commending investigators for their “tireless” efforts to reclaim the nation’s cultural heritage. The Louvre, which reopened earlier this week, continues to bolster security amid what experts are calling one of the most audacious museum thefts in recent memory.





Source link

Share This Article
Twitter Email Copy Link Print
What do you think?
Love0
Sad0
Happy0
Sleepy0
Angry0
Dead0
Wink0
Previous Article ‘Racially aggravated attack’: 20-year-old Indian-origin woman raped near London; cops release image of accused – The Times of India – Delhi News Daily
Next Article All female streamers who’ve accused Mizkif of sexual assault, harassment, and misconduct – The Times of India – Delhi News Daily
Leave a comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Recent Posts

  • Assam To Kerala, Divided The Congress Stands: Decoding Party’s Turmoil Across 4 Poll Battlegrounds – Delhi News Daily
  • Fortis Healthcare maintains strong growth momentum, eyes expansion – Delhi News Daily
  • दिल्ली दुनिया के 10 सबसे प्रदूषित शहरों की लिस्ट से बाहर, जानें सूची में अब कौन-कौन से शहर – Delhi News Daily
  • Mike Hesson press conference: ‘Ishan took the game away from us’ after India beat Pakistan – Delhi News Daily
  • Ex-Assam Congress Chief Bhupen Borah Resigns, Blames Gaurav Gogoi’s High-Handedness – Delhi News Daily

Recent Comments

No comments to show.

You Might Also Like

World News

Watch: White House drops ‘Daddy’s home’ music video featuring Trump at Nato Summit; here’s the context – Times of India – Delhi News Daily

Pete Hegseth, center, and Marco Rubio, right, laugh as a reporter asked if Nato secretary general Mark Rutte called US…

5 Min Read
World News

Hasina gets 21-yr jail term in land scam – The Times of India – Delhi News Daily

DHAKA: Former Bangladesh prime minister Sheikh Hasina was sentenced to 21 years' imprisonment in three cases filed over the Purbachal…

3 Min Read
World News

Afghanistan earthquake: Over 800 dead, thousands injured; buildings shook from Kabul to Islamabad – The Times of India – Delhi News Daily

At least 800 people were killed and thousands injured in a strong earthquake that struck Afghanistan on Monday. Tremors were…

5 Min Read
World News

Kuwait launches national tourism portal ‘Visit Kuwait’: All-in-one hub for e-visas, culture and travel | World News – Times of India – Delhi News Daily

Kuwait launched the Visit Kuwait platform in August 2025/Representative Image TL;DR:Kuwait launched the Visit Kuwait platform in August 2025 as…

7 Min Read

Delhi News Daily

© Delhi News Daily Network.

Incognito Web Technologies

Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?