Sign In

Delhi News Daily

  • Home
  • Fashion
  • Business
  • World News
  • Technology
  • Sports
  • Politics
  • Lifestyle
  • Entertainment
Reading: ‘Illegal step’: Harvard University files legal challenge over Donald Trump’s foreign student ban, seeks immediate court halt – Times of India – Delhi News Daily
Share

Delhi News Daily

Font ResizerAa
Search
Have an existing account? Sign In
Follow US
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
Delhi News Daily > Blog > World News > ‘Illegal step’: Harvard University files legal challenge over Donald Trump’s foreign student ban, seeks immediate court halt – Times of India – Delhi News Daily
World News

‘Illegal step’: Harvard University files legal challenge over Donald Trump’s foreign student ban, seeks immediate court halt – Times of India – Delhi News Daily

delhinewsdaily
Last updated: June 6, 2025 12:52 am
delhinewsdaily
Share
SHARE


'Illegal step': Harvard University files legal challenge over Donald Trump’s foreign student ban, seeks immediate court halt
Harvard University and Donald Trump

Harvard University on Thursday took a legal route to challenge US President Donald Trump’s ban on foreign students. The Ivy League university amended its lawsuit and said that it will ask the court to immediately halt the enforcement of the proclamation. “Singling out our institution for its enrollment of international students and its collaboration with other educational institutions around the world is yet another illegal step taken by the Administration to retaliate against Harvard,” Harvard president Alan M. Garber said in a letter to the campus community.“As you know, we recently obtained a temporary restraining order enjoining the Administration’s illegal revocation of Harvard’s Student Exchange Visa Program (SEVP) certification. Last night’s proclamation circumvents that court order. Today, we have amended our lawsuit and will ask the court to immediately halt the enforcement of the proclamation. We hope the court will act swiftly,” he added. The Harvard president also said that they are working on plans to ensure that international students and scholars can continue to pursue their work at Harvard this summer and through the coming academic year. School leadership will provide updates on this planning.Additionally, the Harvard International Office will be in touch directly with students and scholars who may be affected by the proclamation, also issued last night, banning travel of citizens from certain countries to the United States.Recent developments have intensified the feud between Trump and the University. On Wednesday, Trump issued a directive aiming to prevent US entry for Harvard’s international students, potentially affecting thousands scheduled to arrive at the Cambridge, Massachusetts campus for summer and fall terms.Harvard’s subsequent legal challenge questioned Trump’s use of federal law allowing him to restrict a “class of aliens” deemed harmful to national interests. The university argued that targeting only Harvard-bound students fails to constitute a “class of aliens”.“The President’s actions thus are not undertaken to protect the ‘interests of the United States,’ but instead to pursue a government vendetta against Harvard,” the university wrote.The administration’s heightened scrutiny of student visas nationwide has created widespread uncertainty. Earlier this spring, thousands of students temporarily lost their US residency permissions before the decision was reversed. Secretary of State Marco Rubio recently announced plans to “aggressively revoke” visas for Chinese students.





Source link

Share This Article
Twitter Email Copy Link Print
What do you think?
Love0
Sad0
Happy0
Sleepy0
Angry0
Dead0
Wink0
Previous Article Trump-Musk feud: Democrats call for release of Epstein file; say ‘kill the bill’ after Tesla CEO’s allegation – Times of India – Delhi News Daily
Next Article Trump-Musk feud: Have all Epstein files been released? What we know so far – Times of India – Delhi News Daily
Leave a comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Recent Posts

  • Nasimuddin Siddiqui Joins SP: Will Muslim Face And ‘Mini CM’ Of BSP Era Change 2027 UP Poll Math? – Delhi News Daily
  • Nabard raises ₹6,779 crore via three-year bond at 7.01% cut-off yield – Delhi News Daily
  • That’s NOT Ghislaine Maxwell? Latest Prison Video Sparks WILD Conspiracy Theories – Delhi News Daily
  • Suryakumar Yadav press conference: How SKY trolled India-Pakistan rivalry – Delhi News Daily
  • Assam Congress Claims Bhupen Borah Withdrew Resignation, He Says ‘Not Yet’ – Delhi News Daily

Recent Comments

No comments to show.

You Might Also Like

World News

Iraq frees Australian engineer after four years, but keeps travel ban – Times of India – Delhi News Daily

BAGHDAD: Iraq has released an Australian mechanical engineer on bail who was detained for more than four years over a…

5 Min Read
World News

Bangladesh hopes to reduce 35% US tariff through talks: Government – Times of India – Delhi News Daily

By Ahsan TasnimDHAKA: Major garment producer Bangladesh is hoping to reduce the 35% tariff that US President Donald Trump said…

4 Min Read
World News

Saudi weather alert: Red warnings issued as heavy rain sweeps across 8 regions today | World News – The Times of India – Delhi News Daily

Red weather alerts issued as heavy rain hits Saudi / AI Generated Image The National Center of Meteorology (NCM) has…

6 Min Read

Earthquake strikes Taiwan: 5.9 magnitude quake jolts country; no major damage reported – Times of India – Delhi News Daily

A strong earthquake with a magnitude of 5.9 struck parts of Taiwan on Wednesday.According to the United States Geological Survey…

4 Min Read

Delhi News Daily

© Delhi News Daily Network.

Incognito Web Technologies

Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?