Sign In

Delhi News Daily

  • Home
  • Fashion
  • Business
  • World News
  • Technology
  • Sports
  • Politics
  • Lifestyle
  • Entertainment
Reading: National parks costlier for foreign tourists: Trump hikes park fees for foreigner; budget cuts trigger staffing crisis | World News – Times of India – Delhi News Daily
Share

Delhi News Daily

Font ResizerAa
Search
Have an existing account? Sign In
Follow US
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
Delhi News Daily > Blog > World News > National parks costlier for foreign tourists: Trump hikes park fees for foreigner; budget cuts trigger staffing crisis | World News – Times of India – Delhi News Daily
World News

National parks costlier for foreign tourists: Trump hikes park fees for foreigner; budget cuts trigger staffing crisis | World News – Times of India – Delhi News Daily

delhinewsdaily
Last updated: July 4, 2025 4:58 am
delhinewsdaily
Share
SHARE


National parks costlier for foreign tourists: Trump hikes park fees for foreigner; budget cuts trigger staffing crisis
Trump hikes park fees for foreigner amid budget cuts trigger staffing crisis

President Donald Trump signed an executive order on Thursday raising entrance fees at US national parks for foreign visitors, a move aimed at offsetting steep cuts to the National Park Service budget and addressing a mounting staffing crisis. The White House said the increased revenue from higher fees charged to international tourists would generate hundreds of millions of dollars for conservation and deferred maintenance projects across the country’s national parks. However, the order did not specify the amount of the increase or when it would be implemented. The directive tasked the Interior Department, which oversees the Park Service, with determining the new fee structure. It remained unclear how many of the 433 park units under its management would be affected. Currently, only about 100 national parks and sites charge admission, with fees varying widely across locations. In addition to the fee hike, the executive order instructed the Park Service to prioritize access for US residents over foreign tourists in its permit and reservation systems. The White House justified the move by noting that American taxpayers already bear a significant portion of the cost of maintaining national parks through federal funding and their own entry fees. “Charging higher entrance fees to foreign tourists is a common policy at national parks throughout the world,” the White House said in a statement. The announcement came amid the administration’s proposal to slash more than $1 billion from the Park Service budget in fiscal year 2026—more than a third of its funding compared to the previous year. The cuts have exacerbated an ongoing staff shortage in national parks, which are bracing for heavy tourist traffic during the July 4 holiday. Since Trump took office in January, permanent staffing at the Park Service has declined by 24%. Meanwhile, only 4,500 of the 8,000 seasonal workers promised by the administration for the summer had been hired, according to a Wednesday analysis by the National Parks Conservation Association, a watchdog group.





Source link

Share This Article
Twitter Email Copy Link Print
What do you think?
Love0
Sad0
Happy0
Sleepy0
Angry0
Dead0
Wink0
Previous Article How ‘communist’ is Mamdani? Mom Mira Nair’s $2m Chelsea loft raises eyebrows; his tax plan targets NYC’s wealthy – Times of India – Delhi News Daily
Next Article Should work start at 6am in UAE? Here’s what some residents say | World News – Times of India – Delhi News Daily
Leave a comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Recent Posts

  • ‘No power to impose’: US court declares most tariffs illegal; Trump says ‘total disaster for country’ – The Times of India – Delhi News Daily
  • ‘Diplomatic embarrassment’: Hours before tariff ruling,Trump team sought delay – what they told court – The Times of India – Delhi News Daily
  • ‘No power to impose’: US court declares most tariffs illegal; Trump says ‘total disaster for country’ – The Times of India – Delhi News Daily
  • US issues travel warning to China: ‘Enhanced precautions’ urged amid disease spread; Beijing revives COVID-era measures – The Times of India – Delhi News Daily
  • Oyo secures board nod to file for IPO with stronger financial outlook: Sources – Delhi News Daily

Recent Comments

No comments to show.

You Might Also Like

World News

‘Good points’: Elon Musk reacts to alternative ‘dystopian’ timeline; mention of Kamala Harris – Times of India – Delhi News Daily

Elon Musk (Image credits: ANI) As Tesla CEO Elon Musk launched his political "the America Party" last week, he reacted…

5 Min Read
World News

Izz al-Din al-Haddad is Hamas’ new de facto chief in Gaza – Times of India – Delhi News Daily

As the US presses for a ceasefire between Israel and Hamas, the militant group's decision will largely hinge on its…

4 Min Read
World News

‘You don’t know the population?’ Tucker Carlson grills Senator Cruz on Iran; conservative rift deepens – Times of India – Delhi News Daily

Ted Cruz (L), Tucker Carlson (R) A preview of Wednesday’s Tucker Carlson Show shows a fiery on-air argument between conservative…

6 Min Read
World News

Bangladesh probe into Hasina-era abuses warns ‘impunity’ remains – Times of India – Delhi News Daily

Sheikh Hasina (Image: ANI) DHAKA: A Bangladesh government-appointed commission investigating hundreds of disappearances by the security forces under ousted premier…

5 Min Read

Delhi News Daily

© Delhi News Daily Network.

Incognito Web Technologies

Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?