Sign In

Delhi News Daily

  • Home
  • Fashion
  • Business
  • World News
  • Technology
  • Sports
  • Politics
  • Lifestyle
  • Entertainment
Reading: ‘Not ours’: Pakistan FM Ishaq Dar distances from Donald Trump’s Gaza plan; claims ‘changes made to our draft’ – The Times of India – Delhi News Daily
Share

Delhi News Daily

Font ResizerAa
Search
Have an existing account? Sign In
Follow US
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
Delhi News Daily > Blog > World News > ‘Not ours’: Pakistan FM Ishaq Dar distances from Donald Trump’s Gaza plan; claims ‘changes made to our draft’ – The Times of India – Delhi News Daily
World News

‘Not ours’: Pakistan FM Ishaq Dar distances from Donald Trump’s Gaza plan; claims ‘changes made to our draft’ – The Times of India – Delhi News Daily

delhinewsdaily
Last updated: October 4, 2025 9:43 am
delhinewsdaily
Share
SHARE


'Not ours': Pakistan FM Ishaq Dar distances from Donald Trump’s Gaza plan; claims ‘changes made to our draft’
Donald Trump and Benjamin Netanyahu (left), Ishaq Dar (AP)

Pakistan has formally distanced itself from the 20-point Gaza peace plan unveiled by US President Donald Trump, with country’s foreign minister and deputy prime minister Ishaq Dar telling the national assembly that the final proposal presented by the US was not endorsed by Pakistan or fully representative of the original draft prepared by a group of Muslim and Arab countries.“I made it clear that the 20 points that President Trump made public are not ours. Changes were made to our draft. I have the record,” Dar said, emphasising that “there is no room for politicking” on the issue.

Israel Says Yes, Hamas Says No? Decoding Why Trump’s 20-Point Gaza Peace Is A Dud

Dar explained that the plan took shape during a meeting between Trump and foreign ministers of eight countries – Pakistan, Jordan, the UAE, Indonesia, Turkiye, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, and Egypt – on the sidelines of the 80th UN General Assembly session. He said the group had prepared a counter-draft to the US proposal, focusing on an immediate ceasefire, humanitarian aid, and an end to the ongoing bloodshed in Gaza.Also read: Who will govern Gaza? Donald Trump’s 20-point peace plan — ExplainedWhile Prime Minister Shehbaz Sharif initially welcomed the peace plan and reiterated support for a two-state solution, the endorsement drew sharp criticism at home. Many in Pakistan labelled it a “surrender” and questioned the absence of a clear roadmap to Palestinian statehood in the US version of the plan.Dar highlighted key differences between Pakistan’s draft and Trump’s final proposal, particularly regarding the extent of Israeli withdrawal and the disarmament of Hamas. Pakistan’s position called for a complete withdrawal of Israeli forces from Gaza, while the US proposal suggested a phased withdrawal linked to the release of hostages.

.

“President Trump’s committee also came and open talks were held on what they wanted. They gave us a 20-point proposal,” Dar said. Over the next 24 hours, the eight countries exchanged revised drafts informally. “We were exchanging hard copies in hotel rooms,” he recalled.Dar said while there was an initial effort to seek joint signatures from all foreign ministers, consensus on that point was not reached. After Trump’s meeting with Israeli PM Benjamin Netanyahu on September 29, the US publicly announced the 20-point plan. Dar later learned from the Saudi foreign minister that some of the urgent proposals by the eight countries had been accepted, while others were left for further dialogue.He reaffirmed Pakistan’s long-standing policy on Palestine. “Pakistan’s policy on Palestine remained the same as that of Quaid-i-Azam Mohammad Ali Jinnah. There has not been any change nor will there ever be,” Dar said, reiterating support for an independent Palestinian state with Al Quds Al Sharif as its capital.(with inputs from agencies)





Source link

Share This Article
Twitter Email Copy Link Print
What do you think?
Love0
Sad0
Happy0
Sleepy0
Angry0
Dead0
Wink0
Previous Article मौत का संयोग… पहले यमुना में डूबा शख्स, फिर उसे बचाने गई फायर ब्रिगेड की टक्कर से हुई बाइक सवार की मौत – Delhi News Daily
Next Article ‘Made India Bow Down, Sheltered Pakistan’: BJP Blames Sonia Gandhi For Congress’ 26/11 Response – Delhi News Daily
Leave a comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Recent Posts

  • Oscar Icon And Godfather Star Robert Duvall Dies At 95; Hollywood Mourns | WATCH – Delhi News Daily
  • Did Karnataka Minister Call Congress MLAs ‘Street Dogs’? His Remark Sparks Fresh Leadership Row – Delhi News Daily
  • Govt plans ‘Champion CPSEs’ for Viksit Bharat by 2047, NITI Aayog roadmap soon – Delhi News Daily
  • Ameesha Patel breaks silence on cheque bounce case: ‘Despite settlement, Pawan Verma has lodged proceedings making false allegations’ | – The Times of India – Delhi News Daily
  • T20 World Cup: Jonathan Trott after Afghanistan beat UAE – Delhi News Daily

Recent Comments

No comments to show.

You Might Also Like

World News

New Jersey flood warning: State emergency imposed across 21 counties; landslides, rock slides expected – Times of India – Delhi News Daily

A state of emergency was declared across all 21 counties in New Jersey on Thursday afternoon as severe storms threatened…

4 Min Read
World News

Jeff Bezos-Lauren Sanchez tie the knot in Venice: Hollywood elite turn up in style; who made the guest list? – Delhi News Daily

Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos and journalist Lauren Sanchez kicked off three days of extravagant wedding festivities in Venice on Thursday,…

3 Min Read

UAE: Business bank accounts can now be opened in Dubai in just 5 days with the unified licence | World News – The Times of India – Delhi News Daily

Dubai’s Unified Licence now allows businesses to open bank accounts in just five days efficiently/Representative Image Dubai has dramatically simplified…

6 Min Read
World News

‘On the first boat out’: Viral petition seeks Melania’s deportation; says Trump’s policy must apply to all – Times of India – Delhi News Daily

As criticism grows over US president Donald Trump’s reported plan to target naturalised citizens for deportation, a petition on MoveOn…

5 Min Read

Delhi News Daily

© Delhi News Daily Network.

Incognito Web Technologies

Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?