Sign In

Delhi News Daily

  • Home
  • Fashion
  • Business
  • World News
  • Technology
  • Sports
  • Politics
  • Lifestyle
  • Entertainment
Reading: Operation Midnight Hammer: ‘Bunker-busters’ not used on Iran’s Isfahan nuclear site, top US general tells senators; cites target depth – Times of India – Delhi News Daily
Share

Delhi News Daily

Font ResizerAa
Search
Have an existing account? Sign In
Follow US
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
Delhi News Daily > Blog > World News > Operation Midnight Hammer: ‘Bunker-busters’ not used on Iran’s Isfahan nuclear site, top US general tells senators; cites target depth – Times of India – Delhi News Daily
World News

Operation Midnight Hammer: ‘Bunker-busters’ not used on Iran’s Isfahan nuclear site, top US general tells senators; cites target depth – Times of India – Delhi News Daily

delhinewsdaily
Last updated: June 28, 2025 5:04 am
delhinewsdaily
Share
SHARE


Operation Midnight Hammer: 'Bunker-busters' not used on Iran's Isfahan nuclear site, top US general tells senators; cites target depth
Joint Chiefs Chairman Gen. Dan Caine speaks during a news conference at the Pentagon, Thursday, June 26, 2025 in Washington. (AP Photo/Kevin Wolf)

The United States military did not use the “bunker-buster” bombs on Iran’s Isfahan nuclear facility during last week’s Operation Midnight Hammer, chairman joint chiefs of staff, General Dan Caine, told senators during a classified briefing.The facility is so deep that the bomb – actual name Massive Ordnance Penetrator (MOP) – likely would have not been effective, the general informed senators on Thursday, CNN reported.US officials believe that Isfahan’s underground structures contain nearly 60 per cent of the Islamic Republic’s enriched nuclear stockpile, which Tehran would need in order to ever produce nukes.Only Tomahawk missiles were used to strike Isfahan. On the other hand, the B-2 Spirit bombers dropped more than a dozen bunker-busters on the other two targets – Fordow and Natanz.The classified session was held by Caine, defense secretary Pete Hegseth, secretary of state Marco Rubio and John Ratcliffe, director, CIA. During the briefing, Ratcliffe said that the US intelligence community assesses that the majority of Iran’s enriched nuclear material is buried at Isfahan and Fordow, according to an official.Following the strikes, a preliminary assessment by the Defense Intelligence Agency the attack did not destroy the core components of Iran’s nuclear programme, including its enriched uranium, and likely only set it back by months. The assessment was disputed by members of the Donald Trump administration.President Trump has repeatedly asserted that Iran’s nuclear programme was “obliterated.”





Source link

Share This Article
Twitter Email Copy Link Print
What do you think?
Love0
Sad0
Happy0
Sleepy0
Angry0
Dead0
Wink0
Previous Article ‘Time for a new leadership’: Justice department official ‘welcomes’ Virginia University president James Ryan’s resignation – Times of India – Delhi News Daily
Next Article White House unveils video campaign: Workers endorse Donald Trump’s ‘Big Beautiful Bill’ – watch video – Times of India – Delhi News Daily
Leave a comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Recent Posts

  • Rudy Giuliani injured in New Hampshire car crash: Hospitalized with fractured vertebrae; spokesman says Ex-NYC mayor in ‘good spirits’ – The Times of India – Delhi News Daily
  • Huthis raid UN premises in Yemen: At least 11 aid workers detained; crackdown follows Israeli strike – The Times of India – Delhi News Daily
  • Market Trading Guide: 2 stocks to buy on Monday with up to 13% upside potential – Trend Tracker – Delhi News Daily
  • ‘Disgraceful…: War of Words Between BJP, TMC Over Mahua Moitra’s Hate Remarks Against Amit Shah – Delhi News Daily
  • दिल्ली पुलिस को मिली बड़ी सफलता, हाशिम बाबा गैंग का शूटर गिरफ्तार, ऑटोमैटिक पिस्टल और जिंदा कारतूस बरामद – Delhi News Daily

Recent Comments

No comments to show.

You Might Also Like

World News

Kilmar Abrego Garcia: Salvadoran man remains in jail despite court order; judge says can’t restrain ICE from detaining him – Times of India – Delhi News Daily

A US federal judge on Wednesday ordered the release of Kilmar Abrego Garcia, the Salvadoran national who was mistakenly deported…

4 Min Read
World News

‘Threats to national security’: US charges two Chinese nationals with spying; slams Beijing for trying to ‘infiltrate military’ – Times of India – Delhi News Daily

The United States on Wednesday charged two Chinese nationals with spying for Beijing. The charges include photographing a naval base,…

5 Min Read
World News

Nearly 25 countries, including India, suspend postal services to US: Check list and reasons explained | World News – Times of India – Delhi News Daily

Starting August 29, 2025, postal services in 25 countries have temporarily suspended or limited deliveries to the United States. The…

5 Min Read
World News

EU gives green light for Bulgaria to join the euro – Times of India – Delhi News Daily

The European Commission on Wednesday approved Bulgaria's readiness to adopt the euro, saying the country was sufficiently ready to switch…

7 Min Read

Delhi News Daily

© Delhi News Daily Network.

Incognito Web Technologies

Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?