Sign In

Delhi News Daily

  • Home
  • Fashion
  • Business
  • World News
  • Technology
  • Sports
  • Politics
  • Lifestyle
  • Entertainment
Reading: ‘Threat to national security’: Trump administration announces $50M bounty on Venezuela’s Maduro; seized 30 tons of cocaine – Times of India – Delhi News Daily
Share

Delhi News Daily

Font ResizerAa
Search
Have an existing account? Sign In
Follow US
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
Delhi News Daily > Blog > World News > ‘Threat to national security’: Trump administration announces $50M bounty on Venezuela’s Maduro; seized 30 tons of cocaine – Times of India – Delhi News Daily
World News

‘Threat to national security’: Trump administration announces $50M bounty on Venezuela’s Maduro; seized 30 tons of cocaine – Times of India – Delhi News Daily

delhinewsdaily
Last updated: August 8, 2025 1:32 am
delhinewsdaily
Share
SHARE


‘Threat to national security’: Trump administration announces $50M bounty on Venezuela’s Maduro; seized 30 tons of cocaine

US Attorney General Pam Bondi on Thursday announced that the state and justice department are offering a $50 million reward for information that would leads to the arrest of Venezuelan President Nicolas Maduro.The US Justice and State Departments allege that Maduro is involved in supporting drug cartels and violent street gangs, while leading a regime marked by corruption and repression.“Maduro uses foreign terrorist organizations like [Tren de Aragua], Sinaloa and Cartel of the Suns to bring deadly drugs and violence into our country,” Bondi said through a video posted on X.The Drug Enforcement Administration has seized 30 tons of cocaine tied to Nicolas Maduro and his inner circle, with Bondi noting that “nearly seven tons linked to Maduro himself, which represents a primary source of income for the deadly cartels based in Venezuela and Mexico.”“Cocaine is often laced with fentanyl, resulting in the loss and destruction of countless American lives. The DOJ has seized over $700 million of Maduro linked assets, including two private jets, nine vehicles and more. Yet Maduro’s reign of terror continues,” Bondi said through the video.The Cartel of the Suns, a Venezuelan drug-trafficking network made up of senior government officials, has been linked to Maduro. Investigators allege the cartel collaborated closely with the Revolutionary Armed Forces of Colombia (FARC), a group designated as a terrorist organization by the United States.Maduro was recently sworn in for a third term, despite widespread international criticism and concerns over alleged election irregularities, reports AFP. In March 2020, Maduro was indicted in the US on multiple federal charges, including narco-terrorism, conspiracy to import cocaine, possession of machine guns and destructive devices, and conspiracy to possess such weapons, reports Fox News.After the indictment, the Trump administration during his first term initially offered $15 million for Maduro’s capture. Under former President Joe Biden, the State Department increased the bounty to $25 million on January 10, reports the New York Post. The amount was doubled to $50 million on Thursday under the Trump administration. “Maduro is not the President of Venezuela and his regime is not the legitimate government,” US secretary of state Marco Rubio said last month, reports Fox News. “One year since dictator Nicolás Maduro defied the will of the Venezuelan people by baselessly declaring himself the winner, the United States remains firm in its unwavering support to Venezuela’s restoration of democratic order and justice,” he said.“Under President Trump’s leadership, Maduro will not escape justice, and he will be held accountable for his despicable crimes,” Bondi said through the video, adding that “he is one of the largest narco traffickers in the world, and a threat to our national security.”





Source link

Share This Article
Twitter Email Copy Link Print
What do you think?
Love0
Sad0
Happy0
Sleepy0
Angry0
Dead0
Wink0
Previous Article ‘Always negative’: Trump slams Wall Street Journal for trade criticism; claims publication wants China to ‘win baby win’ – Times of India – Delhi News Daily
Next Article ‘Harsimrat was innocent bystander’: Canadian police arrest man months after Indian student killed; investigation still under way – Times of India – Delhi News Daily
Leave a comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Recent Posts

  • ‘Forcibly removed’: Senator Ron Wyden warns against Trump admin’s plan to deport over 600 Guatemalan children | World News – The Times of India – Delhi News Daily
  • Reliance Jio IPO announced: 5 things investors need to watch out for – Delhi News Daily
  • 3 Punjab Ministers Discuss Cruise Trips During Flood Inspection, Draw Flak | Video – Delhi News Daily
  • ‘Hate-motivated’: Elderly Jewish woman stabbed in broad daylight at Ottawa grocery store; Canadian leaders condemn ‘vile’ attack | World News – The Times of India – Delhi News Daily
  • ‘Coolie’ box office collection day 16: Rajinikanth starrer action thriller inches toward Rs 275 crore mark | – The Times of India – Delhi News Daily

Recent Comments

No comments to show.

You Might Also Like

World News

Why was GTA V banned for 12 years in UAE and Saudi Arabia? Now rated +21 and approved for release | World News – Times of India – Delhi News Daily

GTA V and GTA Online will be available with a +21 rating in Saudi Arabia and the UAE starting July…

9 Min Read

2023 Titan implosion: US coast guard calls tragedy ‘preventable’; points to systemic failures at OceanGate – Times of India – Delhi News Daily

Debris from the Titan submersible, recovered from the ocean floor near the wreck of the Titanic in 2023 (Image credits:…

5 Min Read
World News

New York Mayoral Race 2025 Decoded: Zohran Mamdani, Eric Adams or Andrew Cuomo – who will win? | World News – Times of India – Delhi News Daily

In Daredevil: Born Again, Wilson Fisk—the Kingpin of Crime—doesn’t just manipulate the system; he becomes Mayor of New York. Because…

13 Min Read
World News

‘After your dads affair makes national news’: TikToker claims to be Andy Byron’s daughter to go viral – Times of India – Delhi News Daily

A random TikToker stole photos and videos of a French model and claimed to be Andy Byron's daughter in the…

5 Min Read

Delhi News Daily

© Delhi News Daily Network.

Incognito Web Technologies

Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?