Sign In

Delhi News Daily

  • Home
  • Fashion
  • Business
  • World News
  • Technology
  • Sports
  • Politics
  • Lifestyle
  • Entertainment
Reading: TikTok in US: Trump delays ban again; extends deadline for 90 days – Times of India – Delhi News Daily
Share

Delhi News Daily

Font ResizerAa
Search
Have an existing account? Sign In
Follow US
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
Delhi News Daily > Blog > World News > TikTok in US: Trump delays ban again; extends deadline for 90 days – Times of India – Delhi News Daily
World News

TikTok in US: Trump delays ban again; extends deadline for 90 days – Times of India – Delhi News Daily

delhinewsdaily
Last updated: June 19, 2025 5:29 pm
delhinewsdaily
Share
SHARE


TikTok in US: Trump delays ban again; extends deadline for 90 days
The ban has been extended till September 17 (Image credit: AP)

US President Donald Trump on Thursday signed an executive order that allowed TikTok to operate in the State for another 90 days.He disclosed the executive order on the social media platform Truth Social on Thursday morning. In his post he said, “I’ve just signed the Executive Order extending the Deadline for the TikTok closing for 90 days (September 17, 2025). Thank you for your attention to this matter!”This move will give his administration more time to negotiate a deal that will allow the social media platform to come under American ownership.In a statement on Tuesday, White House press secretary Karoline Leavitt said “As he has said many times, President Trump does not want TikTok to go dark. This extension will last 90 days, which the administration will spend working to ensure this deal is closed so that the American people can continue to use TikTok with the assurance that their data is safe and secure.”This is the third time Trump has extended the deadline. The first extension was done by his administration through an executive order on January 20, after he assumed the office in the second term. The second extension happened in April when White House officials thought they were close to a deal to turn TikTok into a new company with US owners. However, the deal fell apart after China pulled out following Trump’s announcement of new tariffs.It is not clear how many times Trump will extend the deadline as the government is trying to negotiate a deal for TikTok, which is owned by China’s ByteDance. Trump has gained over 15 million followers on TikTok since he joined last year. He believes the popular app has helped him connect with young voters. In January, he said he has a “soft spot for TikTok.”With the third extension, it now seems less likely that TikTok will be banned in the US anytime soon. The decision to postpone the TikTok ban extension through an executive order has received criticism. However, unlike Trump’s other executive orders, it has not faced any legal challenge in court. For now, TikTok will continue to operate for its 170 million users in the US. Big tech companies like Apple, Google and Oracle will keep supporting the app. They’re doing this based on a promise from Trump’s Justice Department that it won’t use the law to go after them with heavy fines for working with TikTok.According to a recent Pew Research Center survey, about one-third of Americans said they supported a TikTok ban. Around one-third said they are against the ban while a similar number said they are unsure.The report further revealed that those who supported banning the platform expressed concerns over users’ data security being at risk as a major factor in their decision.Democratic Senator Mark Warner of Virginia, vice chair of the Senate Intelligence Committee, noted that the Trump administration is once again “flouting the law and ignoring its own national security findings about the risks” of TikTok being controlled by China.“An executive order can’t sidestep the law, but that’s exactly what the president is trying to do,” Warner added.





Source link

Share This Article
Twitter Email Copy Link Print
What do you think?
Love0
Sad0
Happy0
Sleepy0
Angry0
Dead0
Wink0
Previous Article Tulsi Gabbard, Pete Hegseth out: Meet Trump’s ‘Tier One’ group deciding on Iran – Times of India – Delhi News Daily
Next Article Trump’s $175 billion ‘Golden Dome’ missile shield plan sparks skepticism, warnings of arms race – Times of India – Delhi News Daily
Leave a comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Recent Posts

  • Fortis Healthcare maintains strong growth momentum, eyes expansion – Delhi News Daily
  • दिल्ली दुनिया के 10 सबसे प्रदूषित शहरों की लिस्ट से बाहर, जानें सूची में अब कौन-कौन से शहर – Delhi News Daily
  • Mike Hesson press conference: ‘Ishan took the game away from us’ after India beat Pakistan – Delhi News Daily
  • Ex-Assam Congress Chief Bhupen Borah Resigns, Blames Gaurav Gogoi’s High-Handedness – Delhi News Daily
  • Volatility in gold prices hasn’t deterred buyers, price corrections seen as opportunities: Titan MD – Delhi News Daily

Recent Comments

No comments to show.

You Might Also Like

World News

UAE lines up five private jets to fly fans to Doha for 2026 World Cup qualifiers against Oman | World News – The Times of India – Delhi News Daily

The UAE Football Association secured five private jets, with Ajman’s royal family adding another, to fly fans to Doha for…

9 Min Read
World News

UAE plans new 120km 4th national highway as part of $46 billion road expansion to ease traffic congestion | World News – The Times of India – Delhi News Daily

The UAE plans to add 120km of new highways, increasing capacity to handle up to 360,000 trips daily/ Image: WAM…

9 Min Read
World News

UAE teams up with Oxford, MIT, and top universities to train government leaders in AI and economic strategy | World News – The Times of India – Delhi News Daily

The UAE launched fellowships with top universities, training 200 Emiratis in AI and economic policy/Image: X In a move that…

7 Min Read
World News

How UAE is implementing yoga as a sport | World News – The Times of India – Delhi News Daily

Yoga’s rise in the United Arab Emirates has extended far beyond wellness studios and mass-participation events. According to The National,…

6 Min Read

Delhi News Daily

© Delhi News Daily Network.

Incognito Web Technologies

Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?