Sign In

Delhi News Daily

  • Home
  • Fashion
  • Business
  • World News
  • Technology
  • Sports
  • Politics
  • Lifestyle
  • Entertainment
Reading: Ukraine destroyed more than 40 military aircraft in a drone attack deep inside Russia, official says – Times of India – Delhi News Daily
Share

Delhi News Daily

Font ResizerAa
Search
Have an existing account? Sign In
Follow US
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
Delhi News Daily > Blog > World News > Ukraine destroyed more than 40 military aircraft in a drone attack deep inside Russia, official says – Times of India – Delhi News Daily
World News

Ukraine destroyed more than 40 military aircraft in a drone attack deep inside Russia, official says – Times of India – Delhi News Daily

delhinewsdaily
Last updated: June 1, 2025 2:26 pm
delhinewsdaily
Share
SHARE


Ukraine destroyed more than 40 military aircraft in a drone attack deep inside Russia, official says
Ukrainian President Volodomyr Zelenskyy (AP)

KYIV: A Ukrainian drone attack has destroyed more than 40 Russian planes deep in Russia’s territory, a Ukrainian security official told The Associated Press on Sunday, while Russia pounded Ukraine with missiles and drones a day before the two sides meet for a new round of direct talks in Istanbul. The official, who spoke on condition of anonymity to disclose operational details, said the attack took over 1 1/2-year to execute and was personally supervised by Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy. The operation saw drones transported in containers carried by trucks deep into Russian territory, he said. The drones hit airfields including the Belaya air base in Russia’s Irkutsk region, more than 4,000 kilometers (2,500 miles) from Ukraine. It is the first time that a Ukrainian drone has been seen in the region, local Gov. Igor Kobzeva said, stressing that it did not present a threat to civilians. The attack was disclosed on the same day as Zelenskyy said Ukraine will send a delegation to Istanbul for a new round of direct peace talks with Russia on Monday. In a statement on Telegram, Zelenskyy said that Defense Minister Rustem Umerov will lead the Ukrainian delegation. “We are doing everything to protect our independence, our state and our people,” Zelenskyy said. Ukrainian officials had previously called on the Kremlin to provide a promised memorandum setting out its position on ending the war before the meeting takes place. Moscow had said it would share its memorandum during the talks. Russian strike hits an army unit Russia on Sunday launched the biggest number of drones – 472 – on Ukraine since the full-scale invasion in February 2022, Ukraine’s air force said. Russian forces also launched seven missiles alongside the barrage of drones, said Yuriy Ignat, head of communications for the air force. Earlier Sunday, Ukraine’s army said at least 12 Ukrainian service members were killed and more than 60 were injured in a Russian missile strike on an army training unit. The strike occurred at 12:50 p.m., the statement said, emphasizing that no formations or mass gatherings of personnel were being held at the time. An investigative commission was created to uncover the circumstances around the attack that led to such a loss in personnel, the statement said. The training unit is located to the rear of the 1,000-kilometer (620-mile) active front line, where Russian reconnaissance and strike drones are able to strike. Ukraine’s forces suffer from manpower shortages and take extra precautions to avoid mass gatherings as the skies across the front line are saturated with Russian drones looking for targets. “If it is established that the actions or inaction of officials led to the death or injury of servicemen, those responsible will be held strictly accountable,” the Ukrainian Ground Forces’ statement said. Northern pressure Russia’s Ministry of Defense said Sunday that it had taken control of the village of Oleksiivka in Ukraine’s northern Sumy region. Ukrainian authorities in Sumy ordered mandatory evacuations in 11 more settlements Saturday as Russian forces make steady gains in the area. Speaking Saturday, Ukraine’s top army chief, Oleksandr Syrskyi, said that Russian forces were focusing their main offensive efforts on Pokrovsk, Toretsk and Lyman in the Donetsk region, as well as the Sumy border area.





Source link

Share This Article
Twitter Email Copy Link Print
What do you think?
Love0
Sad0
Happy0
Sleepy0
Angry0
Dead0
Wink0
Previous Article The number of migrants reaching the UK in small boats in a single day hits a 2025 high – Times of India – Delhi News Daily
Next Article Israel army says intercepts Yemen missile after air raid sirens sound – Times of India – Delhi News Daily
Leave a comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Recent Posts

  • Houthis appoint new prime minister following Al-Rahwi’s assassination: Who is he? | World News – The Times of India – Delhi News Daily
  • ‘Two countries with ancient civilizations’: Ayatollah Khamenei calls for stronger Iran-China ties; urges ‘solid foundation’ – The Times of India – Delhi News Daily
  • Indonesia: Driver’s death sparks nationwide anger; President Prabowo vows probe, warns agitators – The Times of India – Delhi News Daily
  • Canada’s first Indian-origin police chief retires: Victoria declares ‘Del Manak Day’; 35 years of service remembered – The Times of India – Delhi News Daily
  • Nifty may hit a new record high by FY26-end, infra and real estate can rebound: Pranab Uniyal – Delhi News Daily

Recent Comments

No comments to show.

You Might Also Like

World News

Earthquake hits New Jersey; tremors felt across parts of New York – What we know so far – Times of India – Delhi News Daily

A mild earthquake struck parts of New Jersey and New York on Saturday night, according to the US Geological Survey…

3 Min Read

What Minnesota shooting suspect Vance Luther Boelter’s Facebook, LinkedIn profiles revealed – Times of India – Delhi News Daily

Minnesota shooting suspect Vance Boelter's wife Jenny was questioned by the police. The social media accounts of 57-year-old Vance Luther…

5 Min Read
World News

‘No amnesty’: Trump administration to crack down on illegal immigrants; new measures to prevent access to healthcare, education – Times of India – Delhi News Daily

The Trump administration on Thursday announced sweeping new measures aimed at restricting undocumented immigrants from accessing taxpayer-funded education and health…

5 Min Read
World News

Russia-Ukraine war: Kremlin says it cannot achieve goals through ‘diplomatic means’; vows to continue special operation – Times of India – Delhi News Daily

The Kremlin on Friday said that it is currently unable to meet its goals in Ukraine through diplomacy, just as…

4 Min Read

Delhi News Daily

© Delhi News Daily Network.

Incognito Web Technologies

Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?