Sign In

Delhi News Daily

  • Home
  • Fashion
  • Business
  • World News
  • Technology
  • Sports
  • Politics
  • Lifestyle
  • Entertainment
Reading: US attack on Iran’s nuclear sites: Mystery deepens over Uranium stockpile; was it buried or moved? – Times of India – Delhi News Daily
Share

Delhi News Daily

Font ResizerAa
Search
Have an existing account? Sign In
Follow US
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
Delhi News Daily > Blog > World News > US attack on Iran’s nuclear sites: Mystery deepens over Uranium stockpile; was it buried or moved? – Times of India – Delhi News Daily
World News

US attack on Iran’s nuclear sites: Mystery deepens over Uranium stockpile; was it buried or moved? – Times of India – Delhi News Daily

delhinewsdaily
Last updated: June 24, 2025 10:16 am
delhinewsdaily
Share
SHARE


Contents
Trump claims nuclear programme destroyed400 kilograms, or roughly 880 pounds, of uranium enriched to 60%No inspections during warEnriched uranium may still be inside destroyed facilitySetback to Iran’s nuclear ambitions
US attack on Iran's nuclear sites: Mystery deepens over Uranium stockpile; was it buried or moved?
AI image for representation

Satellite images, Israeli intel suggest Tehran shifted near-weapons-grade fuel ahead of bunker buster attack by US, reports the New York Times.Iran may have moved 400 kilograms of enriched uranium, which is enough to produce up to ten nuclear bombs.This happened days before US B-2 bombers struck its key nuclear sites, according to US and Israeli officials quoted by NYT. Satellite photos taken before the strikes show trucks lined up outside Iran’s heavily fortified Fordow facility, while post-strike images revealed those vehicles had vanished.The fuel, enriched to 60 percent, was last seen by inspectors from the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) a week before the conflict began. “Iran has made no secret that they have protected this material,” IAEA chief Rafael Grossi was quoted as saying on CNN. Asked whether that meant the uranium had been moved, he replied, “I do.”

Trump claims nuclear programme destroyed

US President Donald Trump on Sunday said that Iran’s nuclear programme had been “completely and totally obliterated” after American forces dropped bunker-busting bombs on Fordow, Natanz, and Isfahan. The strikes were part of a 37-hour mission led by seven B-2 spirit bombers and supported by Tomahawk cruise missiles.But within 24 hours, top officials dialled back Trump’s claims. “We are going to work in the coming weeks to ensure that we do something with that fuel,” Vice President JD Vance said on ABC’s This Week. He confirmed the missing uranium “sufficient to make nine or 10 atomic weapons” had not yet been recovered.

400 kilograms, or roughly 880 pounds, of uranium enriched to 60%

Satellite images released by Maxar Technologies showed 16 trucks parked outside the Fordow enrichment site before the US strike. The facility is dug deep into a mountain and has long been considered immune to most missile attacks.Israeli officials believe the uranium was loaded onto those trucks and driven away before the bombing. “And there was growing evidence that the Iranians, attuned to Trump’s repeated threats to take military action, had removed 400 kilograms, or roughly 880 pounds, of uranium enriched to 60% purity,” two Israeli intelligence sources told NYT. The material had been stored at a nuclear complex near Isfahan, in casks small enough to fit inside regular cars.The fuel’s current location is unknown, and Tehran has not confirmed or denied the reports.

No inspections during war

Grossi, the head of the UN nuclear watchdog, said the fuel had last been seen by IAEA teams before Israel began bombing. Iranian officials later suspended all inspections during wartime. Grossi warned the UN Security Council that “continued military escalation delays this indispensable work” and reduces the chances of a diplomatic solution.

Enriched uranium may still be inside destroyed facility

US Defence Secretary Pete Hegseth and Joint Chiefs Chair General Dan Caine confirmed “severe damage and destruction” at all three nuclear sites. Satellite photos show multiple breaches in the mountain sheltering Fordow, caused by 30,000-pound bombs.But analysts say key centrifuges, which enrich uranium, may still be inside. These machines are heavy, fixed, and difficult to remove. A US official said it would have been “unrealistic” for Iran to dismantle the entire system in time.At Natanz, the older and more vulnerable site, the bombing reportedly disrupted power systems, which may have destroyed most centrifuges.

Setback to Iran’s nuclear ambitions

Mick Mulroy, a former Pentagon official and CIA officer said: “With the type and amount of munitions used, it will likely set back the Iranian nuclear weapon programme two to five years.”Still, intelligence suggests Iran had already begun building a deeper underground replacement for Natanz.Despite longstanding suspicions, no fresh public evidence has emerged to prove Iran is actively building a nuclear weapon. Israel and the US say Tehran resumed weaponisation, but Iran denies this.





Source link

Share This Article
Twitter Email Copy Link Print
What do you think?
Love0
Sad0
Happy0
Sleepy0
Angry0
Dead0
Wink0
Previous Article Navbharat Times - Hindi News Delhi News: कांवड़ यात्रा को लेकर दिल्ली सरकार का बड़ा फैसला, रजिस्टर्ड समितियों को मिलेगा फंड और मुफ्त बिजली – Delhi News Daily
Next Article Dune: Awakening Sells One Millon Copies in Two Weeks, Becoming Funcom Dune: Awakening Is Funcom’s Fastest-Selling Game Ever With 1 Million Units Sold – Delhi News Daily
Leave a comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Recent Posts

  • ‘No power to impose’: US court declares most tariffs illegal; Trump says ‘total disaster for country’ – The Times of India – Delhi News Daily
  • ‘Diplomatic embarrassment’: Hours before tariff ruling,Trump team sought delay – what they told court – The Times of India – Delhi News Daily
  • ‘No power to impose’: US court declares most tariffs illegal; Trump says ‘total disaster for country’ – The Times of India – Delhi News Daily
  • US issues travel warning to China: ‘Enhanced precautions’ urged amid disease spread; Beijing revives COVID-era measures – The Times of India – Delhi News Daily
  • Oyo secures board nod to file for IPO with stronger financial outlook: Sources – Delhi News Daily

Recent Comments

No comments to show.

You Might Also Like

World News

‘I didn’t know’: Doctor who said Texas flood victims were Trump supporters breaks silence, explains why she made that post – Times of India – Delhi News Daily

Houston pediatrician Dr Christina who said that Texas flood victims were Trump voters apologized for her comment. Houston pediatrician Dr…

5 Min Read
World News

California plague case: Lake Tahoe resident bitten by infected flea, contracts plague; patient under medical supervision | World News – Times of India – Delhi News Daily

California plague case: Lake Tahoe resident bitten by infected flea, contracts plague (Representative image) California health officials confirmed on Tuesday…

4 Min Read
World News

‘Extreme thuggery of Trump’s ICE’: NYC mayoral candidate Brad Lander arrested at immigration court; watch video – Times of India – Delhi News Daily

New York City Comptroller and Democratic mayoral candidate Brad Lander was arrested on Tuesday at a federal immigration court in…

6 Min Read
World News

BBC ‘regrets’ not pulling Glastonbury live stream after anti-Israel remarks – Times of India – Delhi News Daily

British public broadcaster the BBC apologised Monday for not pulling a live stream of a punk-rap group's performance at the…

3 Min Read

Delhi News Daily

© Delhi News Daily Network.

Incognito Web Technologies

Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?