Sign In

Delhi News Daily

  • Home
  • Fashion
  • Business
  • World News
  • Technology
  • Sports
  • Politics
  • Lifestyle
  • Entertainment
Reading: US joins Israel, strikes Iran’s three nuclear sites; Trump suggests Fordow is destroyed – Top developments – Times of India – Delhi News Daily
Share

Delhi News Daily

Font ResizerAa
Search
Have an existing account? Sign In
Follow US
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
Delhi News Daily > Blog > World News > US joins Israel, strikes Iran’s three nuclear sites; Trump suggests Fordow is destroyed – Top developments – Times of India – Delhi News Daily
World News

US joins Israel, strikes Iran’s three nuclear sites; Trump suggests Fordow is destroyed – Top developments – Times of India – Delhi News Daily

delhinewsdaily
Last updated: June 22, 2025 12:59 am
delhinewsdaily
Share
SHARE


US joins Israel, strikes Iran's three nuclear sites; Trump suggests Fordow is destroyed – Top developments

In a dramatic escalation of tensions in the Middle East, US President Donald Trump announced that the American military had struck three Iran’s nuclear sites early Sunday morning local time. The air strikes targeted Fordow, Natanz and Isfahan, facilities at the heart of Iran’s uranium enrichment programme and marked a direct US entry into the war between Israel and Iran.“All planes are now outside of Iran air space,” Trump said on Truth Social. “A full payload of BOMBS was dropped on the primary site, Fordow. There is not another military in the World that could have done this. NOW IS THE TIME FOR PEACE!” The president is expected to address the nation at 10pm ET.

-

The strikes signal a historic and risky US intervention in support of Israel’s goal to dismantle Iran’s nuclear programme. Trump’s decision reverses his earlier stance on avoiding costly foreign wars and opens the door to potential retaliation from Iran against US forces across the region.

Here are the top developments:

Targeted sites: The attacks focused on Iran’s heavily fortified nuclear facilities. Trump claimed success in striking all three locations — Fordow, Natanz and Isfahan — with a full payload dropped on Fordow, considered Iran’s most secure enrichment site.US used B-2 stealth bombers: Senior Israeli officials confirmed to Axios that B-2 stealth bombers were used in the strike. These aircraft are capable of carrying 30,000-pound bunker-busting bombs, which are seen as necessary to penetrate Iran’s deeply buried nuclear sites.Coordination with Israel: Israel was informed in advance of the strikes, an Israeli official was quoted as saying to Axios. The attack took place on the ninth day of Israel’s offensive against Iran, which has included efforts to destroy Iranian air defences and missile systems.‘Fordow gone’: Trump said on his Truth Social account that Iran’s primary nuclear site, Fordow, was destroyed in the US attacks.

-

‘Clear reminder to adversaries’: Speaker of the United States House of Representatives Mike Johnson says, “The military operations in Iran should serve as a clear reminder to our adversaries and allies that President Trump means what he says.”Tensions boil over: The air strikes come after more than a week of Israeli attacks on Iran and Tehran’s retaliatory measures. Trump had earlier suggested diplomacy might still work, saying a decision would come “in the next two weeks.” But by the weekend, preparations for a military strike had intensified.Shifting stance: Despite deep divides within his “America First” support base, Trump has been clear in his position that “Iran must never be allowed to obtain a nuclear weapon.” He had recently expressed doubt over Israel’s ability to destroy Fordow alone, saying, “They can break through a little section, but they can’t go down very deep.”Failed diplomacy: Behind the scenes, Trump had made a last attempt to avoid war. He considered sending a White House envoy or even attending a secret meeting himself in Istanbul, with Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan offering to mediate. However, the talks fell through when Iran’s Supreme Leader Ali Khamenei, said to be in hiding due to assassination fears, could not be reached to approve the meeting.





Source link

Share This Article
Twitter Email Copy Link Print
What do you think?
Love0
Sad0
Happy0
Sleepy0
Angry0
Dead0
Wink0
Previous Article Musk FIGHTS His Own AI On X | Grok Blasted As ‘Woke Propaganda Machine’ By Right-Wing Voices – Delhi News Daily
Next Article Doom: The Dark Ages Review: Rip and Tear, Medieval Style Doom: The Dark Ages Review: Rip and Tear, Medieval Style – Delhi News Daily
Leave a comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Recent Posts

  • Suryakumar Yadav press conference: How SKY trolled India-Pakistan rivalry – Delhi News Daily
  • Assam Congress Claims Bhupen Borah Withdrew Resignation, He Says ‘Not Yet’ – Delhi News Daily
  • Imports up 19% in January as India’s trade deficit widens to $34.68 bn – Delhi News Daily
  • ‘Do well, kid, I am rooting for you’: Kangana Ranaut pens heartfelt note for ‘Dhurandhar’ star Sara Arjun | Hindi Movie News – The Times of India – Delhi News Daily
  • Assam To Kerala, Divided The Congress Stands: Decoding Party’s Turmoil Across 4 Poll Battlegrounds – Delhi News Daily

Recent Comments

No comments to show.

You Might Also Like

‘No deals for release’: Pakistan’s ex-PM Imran Khan to be released from jail? What his party leaders said – Times of India – Delhi News Daily

File photo of Imran Khan (Pic credit: PTI) Former Pakistan Prime Minister Imran Khan, currently incarcerated in Adiala Jail, is…

5 Min Read
World News

Rape of B’desh Hindu woman sparks anger, BNP ‘supporter’ held – Times of India – Delhi News Daily

Dhaka: The alleged rape of a 26-year-old minority Hindu woman in Bangladesh's Cumilla district by a "supporter" of former PM…

5 Min Read
World News

Canada’s first Indian-origin police chief retires: Victoria declares ‘Del Manak Day’; 35 years of service remembered – The Times of India – Delhi News Daily

Victoria police chief Del Manak retired on August 27 after serving 35 years with the Vancouver police department, marking a…

5 Min Read
World News

Trump vs Musk: Public feud threatens $22 billion in SpaceX deals, competitors gain ground as rift escalates – Times of India – Delhi News Daily

SpaceX, left, and Elon Musk (Image credits: X @SpaceX) About $22 billion in government contracts held by SpaceX are now…

6 Min Read

Delhi News Daily

© Delhi News Daily Network.

Incognito Web Technologies

Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?