Sign In

Delhi News Daily

  • Home
  • Fashion
  • Business
  • World News
  • Technology
  • Sports
  • Politics
  • Lifestyle
  • Entertainment
Reading: Video: Iran destroys US communication Radome in Qatar; satellite imagery shows possible strike impact – Times of India – Delhi News Daily
Share

Delhi News Daily

Font ResizerAa
Search
Have an existing account? Sign In
Follow US
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
Delhi News Daily > Blog > World News > Video: Iran destroys US communication Radome in Qatar; satellite imagery shows possible strike impact – Times of India – Delhi News Daily
World News

Video: Iran destroys US communication Radome in Qatar; satellite imagery shows possible strike impact – Times of India – Delhi News Daily

delhinewsdaily
Last updated: July 11, 2025 8:28 am
delhinewsdaily
Share
SHARE


Video: Iran destroys US communication Radome in Qatar; satellite imagery shows possible strike impact

NEW DELHI: Iran on Friday shared a video claiming it had targeted and destroyed a key US communications facility in Qatar during last month’s conflict between Israel and Iran.The Iranian embassy in India posted the video on X and said, “Satellite images show that #Iran has taken out the US military’s primary Communications Radome in Qatar. The second Radome is located in Kuwait.”The claim has drawn further scrutiny after an exclusive report by Iran International, which cited satellite imagery suggesting possible damage to the Al Udeid Air Base in Qatar during Iran’s missile strike on June 23.According to Iran International, images captured by private satellite firm Satellogic on June 24 show visible damage to a radome—an advanced geodesic structure believed to house sensitive communications equipment—located at the heart of Al Udeid Air Base. The facility is the largest US military base in the Middle East and serves as the forward headquarters of the US Central Command (CENTCOM).The images reportedly show the radome area as a “blackened smear,” with no other visible damage across the rest of the sprawling base. While the US military has not responded to Iran International’s request for comment, the imagery is the strongest visual indication yet that the missile strike may have caused direct physical damage.The June 23 attack came just one day after US forces launched surprise strikes on three Iranian nuclear facilities amid a 12-day conflict between Iran and Israel. US President Donald Trump later claimed the operation had “obliterated” Iran’s nuclear programme.Trump dismissed the Iranian retaliation as ineffective. “13 (missiles) were knocked down, and 1 was ‘set free,’ because it was headed in a nonthreatening direction,” he wrote on Truth Social. “I am pleased to report that NO Americans were harmed, and hardly any damage was done.”CENTCOM confirmed the incident in a June 23 statement, saying: “US forces, alongside our Qatari partners, successfully defended against an Iranian ballistic missile attack targeting Qatar’s Al-Udeid Air Base near Doha, Qatar.”The potentially damaged radome is believed to contain a Modernization Enterprise Terminal (MET)—a $15 million satellite communications system, first installed outside the US at Al Udeid in 2016. According to a US Air Force press release cited by Iran International, the MET provides secure voice, video, and data services for troops across the CENTCOM area and is equipped with advanced anti-jamming technology.The system is considered vital for maintaining communications between deployed personnel and US military leadership worldwide.Defence and security analyst Farzin Nadimi told Iran International that the base was protected by two US Army Patriot systems and several Qatari-operated batteries. “From the moment the Iranian missiles were detected, they had just about two minutes to respond,” Nadimi said.He also suggested the possibility of an Iranian drone being involved in the strike. “It may have slipped through while the Patriot batteries were busy intercepting incoming missiles,” he added.The United States did not retaliate after the incident, and President Trump quickly announced a ceasefire, which remains in place. While Washington downplayed the Iranian missile barrage, satellite imagery reviewed by Iran International has raised questions about the true extent of damage to US infrastructure in the Gulf.





Source link

Share This Article
Twitter Email Copy Link Print
What do you think?
Love0
Sad0
Happy0
Sleepy0
Angry0
Dead0
Wink0
Previous Article Ollie Pope provides injury update on Ben Stokes and reacts to Shubman Gill’s taunts of being boring – Delhi News Daily
Next Article Marco Rubio to meet Chinese Foreign Minister Wang Yi on sidelines of ASEAN talks | World News – Times of India – Delhi News Daily
Leave a comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Recent Posts

  • Trump strips Kamala Harris of Secret Service detail, leaving her exposed on national tour — what’s her Plan B? – The Times of India – Delhi News Daily
  • Pawan Singh shares a cryptic note after Anjali Raghav quits Bhojpuri industry and wife Jyoti Singh makes emotional appeal | Bhojpuri Movie News – The Times of India – Delhi News Daily
  • ‘Bill Clinton unwell?’: Ex-US president spotted in Hamptons; viral photo sparks health concerns – The Times of India – Delhi News Daily
  • Midair horror: United Express jet drops thousands of feet in a minute, passengers bloodied | Watch – The Times of India – Delhi News Daily
  • Princeton’s ‘presidential’ homes: Wilson’s $6.5m Tudor listed; Cleveland’s sells for $5.28m – The Times of India – Delhi News Daily

Recent Comments

No comments to show.

You Might Also Like

World News

Illegal residents deported: Saudi Arabia arrests 22,222 illegal residents in major crackdown | World News – Times of India – Delhi News Daily

Saudi authorities arrested 22,222 illegal residents in joint security operations/Image: File Saudi Arabia’s security authorities arrested a staggering 22,222 illegal…

6 Min Read
World News

Florida: Inmate executed for 1982 murder as victim’s husband looks on; state records 10th execution this year – Times of India – Delhi News Daily

File photo: Kayle Barrington Bates and Janet Renee White (Picture credit: AP, X) Florida on Tuesday carried out its record…

6 Min Read

Watch- Soldiers march out of sync at Trump’s birthday parade; Netizens call it defiance – Times of India – Delhi News Daily

The US Army’s 250th anniversary celebration, which coincided with US president Donald Trump's birthday on Saturday, turned into a target…

4 Min Read
World News

Radioactive shrimps found? FDA warns against consuming certain frozen shrips; cites potential Cesium-137 contamination | World News – Times of India – Delhi News Daily

FDA warns against consuming certain frozen shrips; cites potential Cesium-137 contamination (Representative image) The US Food and Drug Administration (FDA)…

4 Min Read

Delhi News Daily

© Delhi News Daily Network.

Incognito Web Technologies

Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?