Sign In

Delhi News Daily

  • Home
  • Fashion
  • Business
  • World News
  • Technology
  • Sports
  • Politics
  • Lifestyle
  • Entertainment
Reading: Who is Timothy Mellon? Billionaire gave $130m to Trump to pay US troops amid shutdown; is reclusive heir to Mellon fortune – The Times of India – Delhi News Daily
Share

Delhi News Daily

Font ResizerAa
Search
Have an existing account? Sign In
Follow US
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
Delhi News Daily > Blog > World News > Who is Timothy Mellon? Billionaire gave $130m to Trump to pay US troops amid shutdown; is reclusive heir to Mellon fortune – The Times of India – Delhi News Daily
World News

Who is Timothy Mellon? Billionaire gave $130m to Trump to pay US troops amid shutdown; is reclusive heir to Mellon fortune – The Times of India – Delhi News Daily

delhinewsdaily
Last updated: October 27, 2025 2:56 am
delhinewsdaily
Share
SHARE


Who is Timothy Mellon? Billionaire gave $130m to Trump to pay US troops amid shutdown; is reclusive heir to Mellon fortune
Timothy Mellon, the millionaire donor and Trump backer who gave $130 Million to pay American troops, married three times.

Timothy Mellon, a reclusive billionaire and a major financial backer of President Trump, is the anonymous private donor who gave $130 million to the US govt to help pay troops during the shutdown, according to two people familiar with the matter.Trump announced the donation Thursday, but he declined to identify the person who provided the funds, only calling him a “patriot” and a friend. But the two people, who spoke on the condition of anonymity because the donation was private, identified him as Mellon.Shortly after departing Washington on Friday, Trump again declined to identify Mellon while talking to reporters aboard Air Force One. He only said the individual was “a great American citizen” and a “substantial man.” “He doesn’t want publicity,” Trump said as he headed to Malaysia. The White House declined to comment. Multiple attempts to reach Mellon and representatives for him were unsuccessful.It remains unclear how far the donation will go toward covering the salaries of the more than 1.3 million troops who make up the active-duty military. The Trump administration’s 2025 budget requested about $600 billion in total military compensation; a $130 million donation would equal about $100 a service member.Mellon, a wealthy banking heir and railroad magnate, is a longtime backer of Trump and gave tens of millions of dollars to groups supporting the president’s campaign.Last year, he made a $50 million donation to a super political action committee supporting Trump, which was one of the largest single contributions ever disclosed.A grandson of former treasury secretary Andrew W. Mellon, Mellon was not a prominent Republican donor until Trump was elected. But in recent years, he has poured hundreds of millions of dollars into supporting Trump and the Republican Party.The Pentagon said it accepted the donation under the “general gift acceptance authority.” “The donation was made on the condition that it be used to offset the cost of service members’ salaries and benefits,” Sean Parnell, the Pentagon’s chief spokesperson, said in a statement. Still, the donation appears to be a potential violation of the Antideficiency Act, which prohibits federal agencies from spending money in excess of congressional appropriations or from accepting voluntary services.





Source link

Share This Article
Twitter Email Copy Link Print
What do you think?
Love0
Sad0
Happy0
Sleepy0
Angry0
Dead0
Wink0
Previous Article ‘Historic day’: Thailand, Cambodia sign expanded ceasefire pact; Trump in attendance – The Times of India – Delhi News Daily
Next Article Romania opens world’s biggest Orthodox church – The Times of India – Delhi News Daily
Leave a comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Recent Posts

  • Nasimuddin Siddiqui Joins SP: Will Muslim Face And ‘Mini CM’ Of BSP Era Change 2027 UP Poll Math? – Delhi News Daily
  • Nabard raises ₹6,779 crore via three-year bond at 7.01% cut-off yield – Delhi News Daily
  • That’s NOT Ghislaine Maxwell? Latest Prison Video Sparks WILD Conspiracy Theories – Delhi News Daily
  • Suryakumar Yadav press conference: How SKY trolled India-Pakistan rivalry – Delhi News Daily
  • Assam Congress Claims Bhupen Borah Withdrew Resignation, He Says ‘Not Yet’ – Delhi News Daily

Recent Comments

No comments to show.

You Might Also Like

World News

‘Thrown to the wolves’: American moves family to Russia to ‘escape wokeness’ — finds himself at the frontline fighting Ukraine war – Times of India – Delhi News Daily

An American man who left US in search of traditional values has ended up on the front lines of Russia’s…

7 Min Read
World News

Boeing settles lawsuit linked to deceased whistleblower – The Times of India – Delhi News Daily

Boeing reached a settlement on Friday in a wrongful death lawsuit brought by the mother of John Barnett, a former…

4 Min Read
World News

Beware of honeypot trap: How UAE travelers are risking their data on public Wi-Fi | World News – Times of India – Delhi News Daily

Travelers using public Wi-Fi should beware of fake networks that can steal their personal data/ Representative Image TL;DRHackers use fake…

9 Min Read
World News

‘Forcibly removed’: Senator Ron Wyden warns against Trump admin’s plan to deport over 600 Guatemalan children | World News – The Times of India – Delhi News Daily

Senator Ron Wyden of Oregon (Pic credit: AP) The Trump administration is preparing to deport nearly 700 Guatemalan children who…

7 Min Read

Delhi News Daily

© Delhi News Daily Network.

Incognito Web Technologies

Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?