Sign In

Delhi News Daily

  • Home
  • Fashion
  • Business
  • World News
  • Technology
  • Sports
  • Politics
  • Lifestyle
  • Entertainment
Reading: Won’t attack US: Iran says no plans to escalate, but will continue Uranium enrichment; open for talks – Times of India – Delhi News Daily
Share

Delhi News Daily

Font ResizerAa
Search
Have an existing account? Sign In
Follow US
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
Delhi News Daily > Blog > World News > Won’t attack US: Iran says no plans to escalate, but will continue Uranium enrichment; open for talks – Times of India – Delhi News Daily
World News

Won’t attack US: Iran says no plans to escalate, but will continue Uranium enrichment; open for talks – Times of India – Delhi News Daily

delhinewsdaily
Last updated: July 3, 2025 9:41 pm
delhinewsdaily
Share
SHARE


Won’t attack US: Iran says no plans to escalate, but will continue Uranium enrichment; open for talks
Donald Trump (left), Ayotollah Khamenie (AP)

Iran has no plans to further retaliate in response to the US strikes on its nuclear program last month, a senior government official told NBC News on Thursday, adding that the country is open to talks with Washington. However, deputy foreign minister Majid Takht-Ravanchi said Iran has no intention of stopping its uranium enrichment, confirming that the country will continue developing its nuclear program despite the recent attack.“We have already responded to that, as long as there is no act of aggression being perpetrated by the United States against us, we will not respond again,” Takht-Ravanchi said when asked if more was to come.After the US bombing, Iran fired missiles at the American Al Udeid Air Base in Qatar. However, Qatari defenses stopped the attack, as Iran had given a warning ahead of time. This warning seemed to show that Iran was trying to ease tensions following a nearly two-week conflict with Israel that led to direct involvement from the US. President Donald Trump posting on Truth Social, responded in a similarly conciliatory after the Iranian strike,to thank Iran for the advance warning and saying that “they’ve gotten it all out of their ‘system.’”Takht-Ravanchi voiced dismay over the missile exchanges while Iran was in talks with Trump about its nuclear program. Iran had been limiting its uranium enrichment under the 2015 nuclear agreement with the US, called the joint comprehensive plan of action, but that deal essentially collapsed in 2018 when Trump pulled the US out.“How can we trust the Americans? We want them to explain as to why they misled us, why they took such an egregious action against our people,” the deputy minister added. But he went on to add that his country would be open to talks.“We are for diplomacy and we are for dialogue,” Takht-Ravanchi said, adding “but the US government needs to convince us that they are not going to use military force while we are negotiating. That is an essential element for our leadership to be in a position to decide about the future round of talks.”Iran has kept quiet about the real effects of the strikes, raising concerns that the attacks may have pushed its nuclear program deeper into secrecy.“The damage is serious,” Takht-Ravanchi said about the American attack, without elaborating further.Iran insists it is not seeking to build a nuclear bomb. As a member of the 1970 nuclear non-proliferation treaty (NPT), it has the right to enrich uranium for use in nuclear energy.“Our policy has not changed on enrichment,” Takht-Ravanchi reiterated to NBC. “Iran has every right to do enrichment within its territory. The only thing that we have to observe is not to go for militarization.” He also said that Iran is “ready to engage with others to talk about the scope, the level, the capacity of our enrichment program.”





Source link

Share This Article
Twitter Email Copy Link Print
What do you think?
Love0
Sad0
Happy0
Sleepy0
Angry0
Dead0
Wink0
Previous Article Tata Steel shares rally 5.5% in 2 days on China-fueled metals rally, upbeat UK business outlook – Delhi News Daily
Next Article How Dubai residents with Dh15k-20k salary can now buy a Dh1 million house with ‘first home’ initiative | World News – Times of India – Delhi News Daily
Leave a comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Recent Posts

  • Who really understands Barron Trump? Sibling who stands by him – and it’s not who you think – The Times of India – Delhi News Daily
  • Mukul Agrawal stock, KIOCL among 10 smallcaps that bucked market gloom in August with up to 55% gains – Smallcap Winners – Delhi News Daily
  • Tejashwi Yadav Declares Himself CM Face In Bihar In Presence Of Rahul Gandhi, Akhilesh Yadav – Delhi News Daily
  • Melania Trump for Nobel Peace Prize? Surprise twist puts spotlight on US First Lady’s role in peace push – The Times of India – Delhi News Daily
  • Trump strips Kamala Harris of Secret Service detail, leaving her exposed on national tour — what’s her Plan B? – The Times of India – Delhi News Daily

Recent Comments

No comments to show.

You Might Also Like

World News

Very low speed: Lawyer of Lufthansa CEO’s wife issues statement on Vivian Spohr mowing down 24-year-old babysitter in Italy accident – Times of India – Delhi News Daily

Lufthansa CEO's wife ran over a woman in Italy when she was on vacation and then flew back to Munich…

5 Min Read
World News

Al-Hilal withdraws from 2025 Saudi Super Cup citing fatigue, sparks debate on player welfare | World News – Times of India – Delhi News Daily

Al‑Hilal will not participate in the 2025 Saudi Super Cup in Hong Kong/Image: Instagram TL;DR:Al‑Hilal will not participate in the…

8 Min Read
World News

‘Will not go unpunished’: Four killed as clashes break out in Dhaka during NCP rally; interim government blames Awami League – Times of India – Delhi News Daily

At least four people were killed on Wednesday in Bangladesh during violent clashes in Dhaka's Gopalganj district between Awami League…

5 Min Read
World News

Foreign aid row: Trump administration seeks Supreme Court intervention to block $12 billion spending; DOJ warns of ‘irreparable costs’ – Times of India – Delhi News Daily

Trump administration seeks Supreme Court intervention to block $12 billion foreign aid (Picture credit: AP) The Trump administration has asked…

6 Min Read

Delhi News Daily

© Delhi News Daily Network.

Incognito Web Technologies

Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?