Sign In

Delhi News Daily

  • Home
  • Fashion
  • Business
  • World News
  • Technology
  • Sports
  • Politics
  • Lifestyle
  • Entertainment
Reading: ‘Monumental step toward lasting peace’: Donald Trump announces ‘historic’ Gaza deal as Board of Peace agrees on Hamas disarmament – Delhi News Daily
Share

Delhi News Daily

Font ResizerAa
Search
Have an existing account? Sign In
Follow US
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
Delhi News Daily > Blog > World News > ‘Monumental step toward lasting peace’: Donald Trump announces ‘historic’ Gaza deal as Board of Peace agrees on Hamas disarmament – Delhi News Daily
World News

‘Monumental step toward lasting peace’: Donald Trump announces ‘historic’ Gaza deal as Board of Peace agrees on Hamas disarmament – Delhi News Daily

delhinewsdaily
Last updated: July 31, 2026 12:12 am
delhinewsdaily
Share
SHARE


Contents
Phased disarmament, Israeli withdrawal plannedCredits mediators and his teamWhat is the Board of Peace?
‘Monumental step toward lasting peace’: Donald Trump announces 'historic' Gaza deal as Board of Peace agrees on Hamas disarmament
File photo: Inaugural meeting of the Board of Peace, in Washington (Picture credit: Reuters)

US President Donald Trump on late Thursday (local time) announced that the newly formed “Board of Peace” had reached what he described as a “historic agreement” for the complete disarmament of Hamas and all other armed groups in Gaza, saying the phased deal would eventually lead to the withdrawal of Israeli forces and the establishment of a new Palestinian administration.In a post on his Truth Social platform, Trump said the agreement marked “a monumental step toward lasting peace and security” and represented a major milestone in the implementation of his “20-Point Plan” for Gaza.“Today, the Board of Peace reached a historic agreement for the complete disarmament of Hamas and all other armed groups in Gaza,” Trump wrote.

Phased disarmament, Israeli withdrawal planned

According to Trump, the agreement will be implemented in “carefully structured phases”, with the disarmament of Hamas and other armed groups taking place first.“As disarmament is completed, Israeli forces will withdraw, and the International Stabilization Force will work with a new Palestinian police force to take responsibility for Gaza being safe for its residents and its neighbors,” he said.Trump added that the arrangement would pave the way for Gaza to be governed by “a new Palestinian government” that would work closely with the Board of Peace.“Under this agreement, Gaza will finally be in the hands of a new Palestinian government that serves its people,” he wrote.

Credits mediators and his team

Trump thanked Egypt, Qatar and Türkiye for their mediation efforts, while also praising his administration’s role in securing the agreement.“I want to thank the mediators—Egypt, Qatar, and Türkiye—for their important efforts, and especially my outstanding team, whose tireless work made this historic breakthrough possible,” he said.Referring to the October 7 attack on Israel, Trump asserted that Gaza would no longer pose a security threat.“The threat that emerged from Gaza on October 7 will not be allowed to rebuild!” he wrote.Trump also said that significant progress had been made over the past year.“One year ago there was a violent raging war, humanitarian crisis and hostages kept in brutal captivity. We have made historic progress and there is still much work to do,” he said.

What is the Board of Peace?

The announcement comes months after Trump formally launched the Board of Peace during the World Economic Forum in Davos.Initially proposed as part of his Gaza ceasefire initiative, the body was later expanded into a broader international conflict mediation platform.The Board of Peace is chaired by Trump and includes several senior US officials and international figures on its founding executive board, including Secretary of State Marco Rubio, special envoy Steve Witkoff, former UK prime minister Tony Blair and Jared Kushner.Around 35 countries had agreed to participate in the initiative, while several traditional US allies, including France, the United Kingdom and Germany, have expressed reservations over its mandate and its potential impact on existing international institutions.Trump concluded his announcement by calling the agreement an unprecedented breakthrough.“Congratulations to all on this amazing development, that everybody said could never be achieved!” he wrote.



Source link

Share This Article
Twitter Email Copy Link Print
What do you think?
Love0
Sad0
Happy0
Sleepy0
Angry0
Dead0
Wink0
Previous Article US stocks: US market ends sharply higher, lifted by soaring Microsoft – Delhi News Daily
Next Article India to get standardised apparel sizing as govt moves towards uniform clothing measurements – Delhi News Daily
Leave a comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Recent Posts

  • Southern states seek fair tax devolution, freeze Lok Sabha strength at 543 – Delhi News Daily
  • Valley View Motel – Official Teaser – Delhi News Daily
  • World Championships: Lakshya Sen reflects on shock loss and missed chances – Delhi News Daily
  • Mother Of All Maternity Break Policies: TN’s Govt Approves 365 Days’ Paid Leave For Third Child – Delhi News Daily
  • Coinbase Turns to Abu Dhabi as Global Hub for Tokenised Securities – Delhi News Daily

Recent Comments

No comments to show.

You Might Also Like

World News

H1-B relief? USCIS says some visa holders may not need to leave US for Green Card process – Delhi News Daily

Thousands of H1-B visa holders in US may no longer be automatically required to leave the country while applying for…

3 Min Read
World News

Pakistani national among 3 arrested in US for attempting to smuggle 89 firearms into Canada – The Times of India – Delhi News Daily

Three men, including a Pakistani national, have been charged in the United States for allegedly attempting to smuggle 89 firearms,…

3 Min Read
World News

China test fires missile into Pacific, sparks alarm – Delhi News Daily

China conducts successful missile launch from a submarine. (Image used for representation) China's military test-fired a missile from a nuclear-powered…

5 Min Read
World News

‘It’s against nature’: Cristiano Ronaldo’s former chef reveals why he doesn’t drink milk, shares daily diet | International Sports News – The Times of India – Delhi News Daily

Cristiano Ronaldo avoids milk entirely, former chef reveals strict diet behind elite longevity/ Image:Instagram Despite milk often being touted as…

5 Min Read

Delhi News Daily

© Delhi News Daily Network.

Incognito Web Technologies

Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?