Sign In

Delhi News Daily

  • Home
  • Fashion
  • Business
  • World News
  • Technology
  • Sports
  • Politics
  • Lifestyle
  • Entertainment
Reading: Two-Time Champion Carlos Alcaraz Withdraws From Wimbledon With Wrist Injury – Delhi News Daily
Share

Delhi News Daily

Font ResizerAa
Search
Have an existing account? Sign In
Follow US
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
Delhi News Daily > Blog > Sports > Two-Time Champion Carlos Alcaraz Withdraws From Wimbledon With Wrist Injury – Delhi News Daily
Sports

Two-Time Champion Carlos Alcaraz Withdraws From Wimbledon With Wrist Injury – Delhi News Daily

delhinewsdaily
Last updated: May 19, 2026 5:13 pm
delhinewsdaily
Share
SHARE





Carlos Alcaraz’s hopes of regaining his Wimbledon title have been dashed with the two-time champion announcing Tuesday he is withdrawing as he recovers from a wrist injury. “My recovery is going well and I’m feeling much better, but unfortunately I’m still not ready to play, I am obliged to withdraw from both Queen’s and Wimbledon,” said Spaniard Alcaraz, who lost to Jannik Sinner in last year’s final in the All England Club. “These are two really special tournaments for me and I’ll miss them a lot. We’ll keep working to come back as soon as possible.” Alcaraz sustained the injury during the first round of the Barcelona Open last month and subsequently pulled out of tournaments in Madrid and Rome and then Roland Garros, where he is the reigning two-time champion.

The world number two became the youngest man to complete the career Grand Slam in January with his triumph at the Australian Open. The 23-year-old holds a 22-3 record this season and also won a title in Doha.

Wimbledon will be only the third Grand Slam that Alcaraz has missed since making his main draw debut at the 2021 Australian Open. The Spaniard withdrew from the 2023 edition in Melbourne with a hamstring injury.

Alcaraz’s wrist injury has stopped him continuing his exciting rivalry with Italian world number one Sinner, 24, who is firm favourite to triumph in Paris and London.

He lost top spot following his defeat by Sinner in the Monte Carlo Masters final on April 12.

The seven-time Grand Slam winner triumphed at Roland Garros in 2024 and 2025. He saved three championship points against Sinner last year in the longest French Open final in history.

The Italian, who has never won the French Open, may be able to capitalise on Alcaraz’s absence. This year’s tournament runs from May 24 to June 7.

Alcaraz won his first Wimbledon trophy in 2023, defeating seven-time champion Novak Djokovic in the final and successfully defended his title against the Serb the following year.

This year’s Wimbledon championship runs from June 29 to July 12.

“It’s sad news for all of us, me being a competitor you want to play against the best players in the world and he’s definitely the best player on this surface,” Sinner had said after Alcaraz’s withdrawal from the French Open.

“Being that young, like he is and like I am, we need to look at our bodies first before worse things (happen).”

Last month, Alcaraz insisted that he would not risk a premature return.

“I’d rather come back maybe a bit later, but in great shape, than come back quickly and risk making this injury worse,” he explained.

“I have a long career ahead of me, so I’m not afraid to miss what I have to miss in order to recover as well as possible.”


Featured Video Of The Day


IPL 2026 News | Shami’s Sensation Leads Lucknow to First Win of Season

Topics mentioned in this article


Carlos Alcaraz



Source link

Share This Article
Twitter Email Copy Link Print
What do you think?
Love0
Sad0
Happy0
Sleepy0
Angry0
Dead0
Wink0
Previous Article Vijay Remembers LTTE Chief On Mullivaikkal Day, Vows Solidarity With Lankan Tamils | Sparks Row – Delhi News Daily
Next Article Meghan Markle Celebrates 8 Years With Harry By Releasing Private Wedding Photos – Delhi News Daily
Leave a comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Recent Posts

  • Pakistan’s claim of hitting 2 Indian airbases falls apart over one detail: The locations don’t exist – Delhi News Daily
  • Positive Breakout: These 10 stocks cross above their 200 DMAs – Upside Ahead? – Delhi News Daily
  • दिल्ली में गर्मी और लू के बीच ‘पॉल्यूशन’ ने लिया यू टर्न, ‘खराब’ हुई हवा, फिर लागू हुआ GRAP-1 ! – Delhi News Daily
  • Langer left in awe of Sooryavanshi’s ‘breathtaking’ batting – Delhi News Daily
  • Vijay’s Eulogy To ‘Rajiv Killers’: ‘Mullivaikal In Our Hearts’ | Backing Crypto Separatism? | News18 – Delhi News Daily

Recent Comments

No comments to show.

You Might Also Like

Sports

KL Rahul Picks Up Orange Cap, Sends Fiery “Strike Rate” Message To Ajit Agarkar After Years Of T20 Snub – Delhi News Daily

Undoubtedly one of the most talented and consistent batters in Indian cricket, KL Rahul is a name synonymous…

5 Min Read
Sports

IPL 2026: Did GT expose SRH’s batting? Daniel Vettori gives honest verdict – Delhi News Daily

IPL 2026: Did GT expose SRH’s batting? Daniel Vettori gives honest verdict Source link

0 Min Read
Sports

Venugopal Rao explains where Delhi Capitals lost the game while chasing a big total – Delhi News Daily

Venugopal Rao explains where Delhi Capitals lost the game while chasing a big total Source link

0 Min Read
Sports

Kumar Sangakkara on RR’s win over Punjab Kings – Delhi News Daily

Kumar Sangakkara on RR’s win over Punjab Kings Source link

0 Min Read

Delhi News Daily

© Delhi News Daily Network.

Incognito Web Technologies

Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?