Sign In

Delhi News Daily

  • Home
  • Fashion
  • Business
  • World News
  • Technology
  • Sports
  • Politics
  • Lifestyle
  • Entertainment
Reading: Another military operation on cards? USS Nimitz enters Caribbean amid US-Cuba tensions – Delhi News Daily
Share

Delhi News Daily

Font ResizerAa
Search
Have an existing account? Sign In
Follow US
© 2022 Foxiz News Network. Ruby Design Company. All Rights Reserved.
Delhi News Daily > Blog > World News > Another military operation on cards? USS Nimitz enters Caribbean amid US-Cuba tensions – Delhi News Daily
World News

Another military operation on cards? USS Nimitz enters Caribbean amid US-Cuba tensions – Delhi News Daily

delhinewsdaily
Last updated: May 21, 2026 4:12 am
delhinewsdaily
Share
SHARE


Contents
Trump comments after Raul Castro indictmentUS pressure on Cuba intensifiesCuba facing deep economic crisis
Another military operation on cards? USS Nimitz enters Caribbean amid US-Cuba tensions

The US aircraft carrier USS Nimitz and its strike group have entered the Caribbean Sea amid escalating tensions between Washington and Havana.The deployment comes at a time when US President Donald Trump has intensified rhetoric against Cuba and hinted at possible action against the island nation.The carrier strike group includes the Nimitz-class aircraft carrier USS Nimitz, Carrier Air Wing 17 equipped with F/A-18E Super Hornets, EA-18G Growlers and C-2A Greyhounds, along with the destroyer USS Gridley and the replenishment oiler USNS Patuxent.The US Southern Command (Southcom), which oversees American military operations in the Caribbean and Latin America, confirmed the deployment on Wednesday.In a post on X, Southcom said, “USS Nimitz has proven its combat prowess across the globe, ensuring stability and defending democracy from the Taiwan Strait to the Arabian Gulf.”

Trump comments after Raul Castro indictment

The deployment comes shortly after the US department of justice formally charged former Cuban President Raul Castro over the 1996 downing of two civilian aircraft operated by the exile group Brothers to the Rescue.Trump said the administration has Cuba “on our mind” following the indictment. “It’s very important,” he said, adding that it was “a very big moment” for Cuban Americans and those wishing to reunite with families in Cuba.The indictment accuses Castro of ordering the shootdown of two unarmed civilian planes over international waters in 1996, killing four people. Charges include murder and destruction of an aircraft.Acting US attorney general Todd Blanche said in Miami, “For nearly 30 years, the families of four murdered Americans have waited for justice.”

US pressure on Cuba intensifies

The Trump administration has steadily increased pressure on Havana in recent months through sanctions, diplomatic pressure and warnings of possible action.US authorities recently captured former Venezuelan President Nicolás Maduro, further raising concerns in Cuba.CIA director John Ratcliffe met Cuban officials in Havana last week and warned that the window for talks “would not remain open indefinitely.”US secretary of state Marco Rubio, who is Cuban-American, also issued a Spanish-language message supporting the US fuel blockade on Cuba while blaming the communist government for recurring blackouts and economic hardship.

Cuba facing deep economic crisis

Cuba is facing severe economic troubles marked by fuel shortages, food scarcity and widespread blackouts. Trump, however, attempted to downplay fears of direct military escalation.“There won’t be escalation. I don’t think there needs to be. Look, the place is falling apart. It’s a mess, and they’ve sort of lost control,” Trump said.The USS Nimitz, commissioned in 1975, had recently participated in joint naval exercises with the Brazilian Navy off Rio de Janeiro before entering the Caribbean region.



Source link

Share This Article
Twitter Email Copy Link Print
What do you think?
Love0
Sad0
Happy0
Sleepy0
Angry0
Dead0
Wink0
Previous Article Samsung Electronics’ shares jump after tentative wage deal suspends strike – Delhi News Daily
Next Article Lenskart to step up AI push in FY27, targets scale-up in eye tests, automation – Delhi News Daily
Leave a comment

Leave a Reply Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Recent Posts

  • Taylor Swift And Kansas City Chiefs Star Travis Kelce’s Wedding Security To Use $250,000 Taxpayer Money? Truth Revealed – Delhi News Daily
  • Many Firsts In Vijay’s New Cabinet: 7 Dalits, 2 Brahmins, 4 Women Ministers & More – Delhi News Daily
  • Maa Behen OTT Release: When and Where to Watch it Online? – Delhi News Daily
  • Rare Rabbit enters travel gear category through partnership with Escape Plan – Delhi News Daily
  • 5 Indians, 2 US businessmen: Inside India’s call center operation that FBI shut down for fraud – Delhi News Daily

Recent Comments

No comments to show.

You Might Also Like

World News

Donald Trump: Trump admin claims Iran ceasefire ‘terminated’ hostilities ahead of US-Congress 60-day deadline – The Times of India – Delhi News Daily

The Trump administration asserts the U.S. is not at war with Iran, despite approaching the War Powers Resolution's 60-day deadline.…

7 Min Read
World News

OpenAI CEO Sam Altman’s alleged Molotov cocktail attacker in San Francisco identified as Daniel Alejandro Moreno-Gama – The Times of India – Delhi News Daily

Daniel Alejandro Moreno-Gama, a 20-year-old San Francisco resident, has been arrested and charged in connection with an alleged attack on…

2 Min Read
World News

Saudi Arabia Airstrikes: Saudi Arabia launched secret retaliatory airstrikes on Iran during regional war: Report – The Times of India – Delhi News Daily

Representative image credits: AP Saudi Arabia carried out a series of unpublicised airstrikes on Iran in late March in retaliation…

4 Min Read
World News

Donald Trump: ‘Digging nuclear dust sites will be a difficult process’: Donald Trump says Iran’s N-sites ‘obliterated’ | World News – The Times of India – Delhi News Daily

US President Donald Trump said late Monday that recovering uranium from Iran would be a "long and difficult process" following…

2 Min Read

Delhi News Daily

© Delhi News Daily Network.

Incognito Web Technologies

Welcome Back!

Sign in to your account

Username or Email Address
Password

Lost your password?